Chapter 12

**⚠️Slight violence, blood, death, and trigger warning in this chapter.⚠️**

Your POV

I took this time to walk home as I couldn't stop thinking about my adventures with Hanako. I love it when we spend time together and talk about anything on our minds. It makes me feel on top of the world and I wouldn't want it any other way.

'Is it normal to have these sorts of feelings for a ghost? I didn't think I could be capable of loving someone as much as I feel for Hanako. Wait... am I in love with Hanako?!' I said in a panic as I began to speed walk quicker towards my house.

The more I keep thinking, the more I start to realize that I might actually have feelings for the ghost boy.

I snapped out of my thoughts for a second as I noticed the steps to the front door. I made my way to the door as I started to find the keys to unlock the door.

However, I stopped when I thought about my parents and how worried they must've been for me to be gone for a few days.

'How am I going to explain that I was kidnapped by my ghostly friend's brother and forced to blindside the seven wonders of the school?! I guess I'll just have to lie to mom and say I stayed at Nene's or something...' I said to myself, struggling to find a solution to my dilemma.

No matter what happens, I'll figure a way around the questions they have for me.

As I concluded my plan, I decided to open the front door. I glanced around thinking that mom would be waiting for me, except that she wasn't there. I closed the door behind me and noticed that all the first floor rooms were darkly lit.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I began to ask towards the emptiness that lay before my very eyes.

It felt very ominous and unsettling to say the least. Almost like I've been through this same situation before in my nightmares.

'Wait a minute... this does seem exactly like how my nightmare started to play out, but that's just a coincidence, right?' I said contemplating to myself, trying to figure out if this is reality or a dream.

Regardless, I swallowed my pride and continued making my way upstairs to try and find mom. At the very least, I want to be sure she's okay.

I pushed myself forward with all my might, knowing that what could lie ahead may be my doom. Perhaps, I'm mistaken and this is just a moment of deja vu. I'm still stalling for a bit of time to think, but now I need to plan my next steps wisely.

I felt myself feel more uneasy than normal as I had conquered the rest of the stairs. However, what I discovered next was shocking to me. I glanced down the hallway to where my parents room resided.

I saw multiple red marks smeared all along the carpet. I couldn't make out what the red stuff was, but nonetheless it smelled terrible.

That wasn't even the worst part as I decided to follow the trail that happened to lead towards my parents bedroom. At this rate, I pulled out my phone and switched it to the flashlight option.

Using the only light source possible, it made it easier to see where I was going.

I continued the investigation by swallowing my pride and walking further towards my parents door. It was creaked far enough open that I could see nothing, but a dark room.

It looked like a dark, black abyss had consumed my parents bedroom. That's approximately how dim the lighting was while looking with only my eyes.

'Yep, there's no doubt about it. This has to be straight from my nightmare I had a few days back. I'm almost too terrified to keep going. I never knew who was behind the lady's murder or who the murderer even was in the first place. Did the murderer kill my own parents? Could they be looking for me? Will I feel the long awaited death predicted in my future and find out who my murderer really is? I guess I'll finally get some answers after all.' I finally said to myself as a way to get my confidence back up.