Chapter 16

Teru POV

I felt a little lightheaded as I suddenly woke up from what seemed to be a nightmare. As my dazed state of mind found clarity with adjusting my eyes, I came to the realization that this wasn't a dream. In a flash, I stood up in panic remembering that Y/N was in trouble and I was the only one who knew what was going on.

I took in my surroundings as I noticed the semi-dark hallways and windows that caved in the rest of the space. These seemed to be the corridors that lead just outside of the old school buildings entrance. Between the lockers and some old classroom doors leading towards the stairs indicated that this has to be the location.

I had only been to this part of the building a few times since I would occasionally see Teru come here with Nene. Normally, I would stalk them for a little bit to make sure I knew where my brother was and eventually check in with Y/N to get information for Tsukasa at the time.

I began retracing my steps as it led me upstairs to the third floor where I knew I could find a certain someone for help.

As I approached the girls bathroom, I could already hear someone inside talking to another person in what seemed like a stressful situation. I quietly listened in to overhear their conversation.

Hanako's POV

"Hanako, you need to calm down. I'm sure she's just out taking a stroll or maybe had a longer conversation with Teru." Kou said to try and calm down Hanako.

"Kou, I think she's in trouble. I don't know why, but I have this feeling like something's wrong. The only problem is I've tried scouting out the whole school building and I can't find any trace of her. This means that she has to be out of my reach and it sucks because there is nothing I can do unless I know where she is." Hanako expressed in a worried tone that is very rare to hear from the saddened ghost boy.

Kou stood in thought as Nene looked at them both with the same concern written on her face.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to go search for her. I'm not going to let my best friend disappear without a trace and neither will you!" Nene shouted, as the boys glanced back at her statement with shock and remorse over the situation.

Hanako looked distraught over the disappearance of his lover as he looked down at the floor reminiscing back to prom night and the confessions they shared with one another. A faint blush overtook his cheeks as he realized he had to do something before it was too late.

He glanced up again and took Nene's advice to continue searching for her and not give up hope. They all sprinted out of the bathroom to suddenly be met with none other than Teru himself and no Y/N in sight.

"What are you doing here, Teru?" Hanako spoke up first but with a more serious attitude lacing his voice.

Teru stared at the ghost boy contemplating his choices as I felt like he knew that gaining our trust should be the first priority.

"Hello Hanako, I was actually about to come in to see you, but it looks like you found me first. Listen, if you want to find Y/N, then I'm your best bet on getting her back." Teru began to speak as I felt a little unsettled by his presence as my anger led me to change into my cape with knife in hand.

I sprinted forward as I nailed Teru up against the wall holding the knife right at his neck waiting to strike him down in a single blow. Unless he's willing to give up information, I won't let him gain control of the situation.

Teru barely flinched but I could feel him act surprised at how quick I reacted to his sentence.

"Where is she? I know that you did something with her and I'm not allowing this to continue. I really hope that you're willing to talk, because otherwise this may be your last breath." I said in a frenzy completely ignoring the fact that his brother is behind me in shock over my unfriendly actions.