Chapter 7

Your POV

It's now been a week since my journey began, but it feels like I've been here throughout my whole existence. I would've never imagined having quite the adventure that I've dealt with so far, but I'm enjoying it!

Every time I head to school, it seems like a brand new start with unexpected twists to make the day more exciting. However, not everything has been in the best of shape and it's something alarming to me.

Things at home seem to be normal for the most part, but I'm starting to feel insecure about what goes on in the house.

I've noticed how Mom reacts to Dad every time he calls her. She trembles a little before proceeding to go upstairs and aid him in his needs. I feel concerned for her wellbeing and state of health once I leave the house for school. I can tell that within the last few mornings that she's become more exhausted as the days go on.

'I wonder what he has to complain about to make her go upstairs all the time?' I would ask myself while I constantly see Mom taking care of Dad's bickering.

The sad part about this whole ordeal is that she tells me to not be concerned about her. However, I can't help but continue to analyze the situation until I feel that she's back to health.

These thoughts have kept me from focusing on school and the sad thing is that I can tell it bothers me. I haven't said a word to anyone, not even to my closest allies.

"Hey Y/N! Ready to go clean the bathroom again?" Nene said with enthusiasm as she interrupted my thoughts to make me feel better about my deal with Hanako.

I quickly perked up and grew a fake smile to not concern my friend. I went to retrieve my backpack and discovered my pencil pouch was missing from one of the side pockets. I then reminded myself that I left it back in the other classroom.

"Sure! Just give me a moment to go get my pencil pouch. I just realized I forgot it in the classroom. Do you want to go on ahead without me? I can meet you there if that's fine with you?" I asked Nene in a forgiving manner when I thought about misplacing one simple item from my backpack.

"That's okay, I'll meet you there. See ya soon!" Nene said as she walked away towards the old school building.

I headed in the opposite direction to where my classroom was located. It felt weird to be by myself since I'm used to having company, but it feels nice to have a new change of pace.

I slowly approached the classroom door as I ran into two familiar faces going in the same direction. It was Teru and Kou near the entrance of the classroom.

"Hey Teru and Kou! Do you have club activities after school?" I asked out of curiosity to find the reason why they stayed after the last school bell.

They both greeted me politely and calmly replied to my response.

"Actually no... funny enough, we've been looking for you. I believe this belongs to you?" Teru replied with a grin on his face. He pulled out my missing pencil pouch as I grew a sigh of relief. Someone would have stolen it, but luckily Teru found it before that happened.

"That's where I thought I left it! Thank you so much for holding on to it for me. How did you find it and how did you know it was mine?" I had to ask him with astonishment as many theories flooded my mind.

"Well, I don't know if you noticed, but Kou was actually the one who found it. He just showed it to me right after class had ended." Teru explained with giving proper credit to his brother for the discovery.

"It was no big deal really! I saw you leave the classroom while I was searching for Nene and I noticed the same pencil pouch fall from your bag. I tried to give it back to you, but I could tell you were in a rush. So, I decided to hold on to it. Since you talk with Teru all the time, I thought that he could give it back to you." Kou went into further detail with the whole pencil pouch scenario.