Chapter 9

Your POV

It was just another typical day at school, like it always has been for the last month. Nothing's really changed and my nightmares have been vague as of meeting with Hanako about these terrible dreams.

My only hope at the moment is to enjoy my second life as it is and maybe at some point all my questions will be answered.

"Good morning, Y/N! Sorry about last weekend and trying to finish the bathroom cleaning early. I know it was sudden, but I still want to apologize for leaving you like I did." Nene spoke to me with guilt laced in her voice.

"It's perfectly fine! You don't need to apologize. I know family is important to you and that should be one of your main priorities. Thanks for helping me clean anyways! I would've been stuck there longer without your help." I said to Nene with sympathy and happiness to show her that I was still grateful with what she did for me.

"It's not a problem. I'm just glad to see you're doing better. Have your nightmares come back recently? I'm curious to see if any of these links to your past in any way." She replied to me with dignity and a little concern to make sure I was still okay.

"I'm actually not having as bad of nightmares as I originally had. Thanks to Hanako, I've managed to keep these emotional nightmares away from my mind for the time being. He showed up after you left and I decided to tell him about my nightmares. That's when he opened up and comforted me. Needless to say, it worked!" I said as I thought about caring thoughts towards Hanako.

I couldn't help but think of him as a wonderful ghost who's only trying to figure out my fate. He even talked everything over with me and revealed more about himself.

He didn't have to do any of this, but he still did regardless. It made me feel a little starstruck on the inside of my body. Knowing someone was there to keep me company through these hard times is very reassuring.

"Oh that's wonderful! At this rate, you might as well call him your boyfriend." Nene joked while trying to get me to blush harder.

It definitely worked as I continued thinking about Hanako's actions. He is still a mystery to be solved, but I'm content with what I know so far about him.

Maybe one day he'll reveal himself fully to us and we'll know everything about his background.

"What?! Nene! He's not my boyfriend! Also, I wouldn't understand where his feelings lie with everything going on. He's so mysterious and I don't want to be more of a burden to him than I already am." I responded with a deep feeling circling in my gut with how I feel about this whole conversation.

Nene just looked at me with an understanding approach. She patted my back and replied to my comment.

"I don't think of you as a burden! If anyone does, then they are very mistaken on the kind of person you are. Don't think any less of yourself! Us girls have to stay together, right?" Nene politely said as she smiled widely. This made me feel better and helped me realize that I'm lucky to have a friend like Nene.

"Right! Now, let's focus on getting to class and stop moping around these hallways." I replied with a grin across my face as I once again walked beside Nene to reach our classroom on time.

On our way to class, we were flagged over by none other than Teru and Kou.

We still had ten minutes before classes began and I haven't talked with them since that time Kou hung out with Nene and I. Maybe it's about time to chat again with them.

"Hey guys! It's been a while since we last talked. Has anything new happened lately?" I said cheerfully to the boys, as I wanted to give a smile to show that I was glad to see them.