Chapter 3

Your POV

'It's you...'

I kept pondering about him as he continued addressing himself to us.

"Hi! I'm Hanako the bathroom ghost! I grant wishes to those who seek my presence. Fair warning! I'll have to take something precious from you in exchange for a wish." Hanako explained to us in a serious and yet playful manner.

I could see the joy written on his face as he spoke. It seemed as if he hadn't had visitors in a long time. I honestly feel kind of bad for him.

"You're a boy?! I thought Hanako the ghost was a girl? Where's the short red skirt and long hair?" Nene shouted out loud in confusion.

"While everything according to my rumor is true, my gender is actually false. I'm actually a boy, but I'm still able to give wishes." He explained to Nene as she understood what he meant.

"So... what are two lovely ladies such as yourselves doing here anyways? You couldn't wait to see the greatest school mystery around?" He said with his smirking grin and lustful tone. He turned his head to specifically look at me and if he was checking me out.

After hearing his voice and seeing a clearer depiction of him, my heart started to race as I stared in awe. A light blush spread across my already stunned face.

'He's honestly kind of cute... oh my god what am I thinking?! Get your head out of the gutter Y/N! You're embarrassing yourself!'

I finally spoke up to him even though I felt nervous and actually a little sweaty.

"H-hello... My name is Y-Y/N!" I said very timidly and with a shy tone added to my sentence. I also gave him a tiny smile that turned into a grin towards the end of the greeting.

"Y/N huh? That's a beautiful name! But obviously not as beautiful as your smile." He replied close to my face with a cheeky grin and low-eyed smile. He seemed to be getting carried away with his original introduction and focused more on me.

Nene's POV

I saw what was going on between those two. It felt like Hanako and Y/N forgot I even existed. The way he looked at her made me realize that he seemed interested in her.

I casually looked over with surprise written on my face as Hanako started getting closer to Y/N. He talked with happiness laced in his voice as he approached Y/N with his face in near proximity to hers.

'I actually kind of ship them together... but Y/N looks really uncomfortable... I probably need to get Hanako away from her!'

I quickly spoke up and held onto Y/N's hand as I tore her away from Hanako's stare.

Your POV

Nene saw what was going on and had a look of surprise written on her face. She seemed a little disturbed and flustered that Hanako wasn't focused on helping us with our mission. She wanted Minamoto to like her and interrupted our meeting to get back on track to the real reason why we came in the first place.

"Hi Hanako! My name is Nene Yashiro and I'm a close friend of Y/N's. I have a wish that I would like to have granted and I was hoping you would be able to help." Nene brushed the other conversation away and tried getting Hanako to pay attention to her.

Hanako snapped back to reality and appeared a little depressed that someone interrupted their previous encounter. He directed his tone to Nene as he spoke with a less cheerful enthusiasm.

"A wish you say? Give me a quick moment to fetch my writing utensils." He replied with curiosity.

He floated to his stall and pulled out a pad of paper with a plain, old pencil.