Chapter 4

Your POV

As I reached home, I quickly finished the rest of my homework and got myself ready for bed. I decided that it was in my best interest to relax as much as possible for the adventure coming ahead.

I started wrapping myself in my bed sheets as I felt a drift of sleepiness overcome me.

Then I saw... something unexpected.

I found myself floating again with the same lacy feeling of a dress on my body. It was at that moment I realized I was back in the void!

'How am I back here?! How did I get here?!' I started to panic in my self-conscious mind.

"Ah! Y/N you've returned!" A voice responded out of the blue, but it sounded familiar.

I turned around to find none other than the void keeper himself.

"It's good to see you again Y/N! How's the new life treating ya?" He asked in a very calm manner, which puzzled me. Shouldn't he be panicking that I'm back so soon?

"Hey, void keeper! It's a surprise to see you again. Do you know how I ended up back here?" I asked the void keeper for more information.

"Actually, yes. Y/N there is something I forgot to mention which is why I summoned you." The void keeper stated to me in a serious tone. This made me quiver in fear of what he was about to tell me.

"I know I'm not allowed to help you, but I'm going to anyway. Y/N... you can do anything while reliving these moments, however you must remember one thing. You must be the one to figure out how you originally died. This has to be done in order to keep balance in the universe. Does this make sense?" The void keeper continued to explain the situation to me.

"I think I understand... is there anything else I need to know?" I asked to make sure there is nothing else left to discuss.

"Just one more thing... be cautious of your ghost friend Hanako. He may not be all he cracks up to be. That's all I have to share and I possibly may not return as it could affect the timeline of events from your past life. For now, take my advice and again good luck." He cautiously reminded me as he started to disappear, leaving me to drift back to a deep slumber.

The void keeper was out of sight and I slowly opened my eyes to see the sunlight hitting the window shades.

I woke up the next morning thinking about a lot of things. I feel like I'm drowning in my own thoughts at this point while wondering who I truly am as a person. Especially after what happened with the void keeper telling me to be cautious of Hanako.

'I wonder what I was talking about with Hanako. I feel like I can trust him. Oh well... I'll just keep that thought at bay for the time being.'  I pondered to myself as I heard someone interrupting my thoughts.

"Y/N dear are you alright? You've been staring at your breakfast for a few minutes now..." My Mom replied with worry.

"Don't worry Mom... I'll be alright. I just have a lot on my mind at the moment." I answered her call with reassurance.

"I'm not waiting all day! Where's my meal?!" I could hear Dad complaining in the background. It's like the same thing he did the other day, but it seemed to be getting worse as she tried to please him. This caused Mom to lose her train of thought as she was balancing multiple things at a time.

"Okay then... if you ever need someone to chat with, then you know where to find me." She casually reminded me before heading up to check on my Dad before leaving for work again.

I went back upstairs to get ready for the next day of school.

Time Skip!