Chapter 8

Your POV

"Y/N... my darling... where are you?" I could hear a voice sounding in the distance.

The voice was a sweet, innocent call that jolted me from my slumberous state.

I instantly opened my eyes to find myself floating in a dark, blue space filled with emptiness. Every angle I turned, all I could see was myself and nothing else. It made me feel exposed to its elements, but also encapsulated me in its foreboding darkness.

I looked around in amazement as I had never experienced something like this before. This place drew me in and it felt like it was calling to me.

"Y/N? Is that you...?" The voice questioned once again as I was instantly drawn to a certain section of this vast world. I continued to investigate and floated around the place to find anything out of the ordinary.

Before I knew it, the person's voice revealed itself and walls began forming all around the place to keep me trapped. A shadowy figure appeared in front of me staring into my frightened eyes.

This supposive figure crept towards me in an attempt to see me up close. I started to back away until something peculiar happened.

The dark figure transformed and revealed itself once again to be none other than my mother. She looked exactly like her and even her smile shined just as bright as I remembered.

Then the walls that surrounded me formed into our house setting that I was used to seeing every morning before school began.

My breathing calmed down as I felt more comfortable knowing it was just my Mom and our house.

"There you are! I was wondering where you were. Anyways, would you like for me to make you some breakfast?" She kindly asked, knowing what my answer would obviously be to her question.

"Sure, if it's not too much trouble." I replied with my body feeling exhausted from all the events I just went through. Then I began to think about my experiences I endured a few minutes prior.

'Why does this feel so familiar? Doesn't it seem like something's off? Maybe I'm crazy, but something doesn't feel right...' I thought to myself with a suspicious attitude.

Mom prepped the skillet and cracked a few eggs, fried bacon and made some toast to go along with the meal. Nothing out of the ordinary from my typical morning routine. However, I saw that she finished creating my plate as she passed it forward on the table.

The shape and the way everything was presented on the plate expressed an unhappy face.

The plate looked like the eggs represented the eyes while the two pieces of toast were underneath. It seemed to me that the toast symbolized darkness under the eyes, like when you're tired and you haven't received the proper amount of rest. Then came the bacon, where it seemed like a frown formed as the lips to compliment the rest of the face's features.

This monstrosity terrified me and I felt uncomfortable as I glanced up to look at my mother. She continued to grin like nothing was going on and this freaked me out.

All of a sudden, I hear Dad yelling for her to come help him and make breakfast. She would apologize, then proceed to tell me to have a wonderful day and not to worry about her. I normally leave after that and she would walk up the stairs while waving me goodbye.

The breakfast she made me disappeared and my backpack would appear on my back to look like I was about to head off. I stood up to walk towards the front door when I stopped myself from going forward.

'This whole situation is a repeat from my first day back into my life. Why is this happening again? Maybe, I should actually check on her and make sure everything's okay.' I pondered to myself as I decided what my next move would be.