Chapter 13

Your POV

Beep Beep Beep Beep! Click!

I lazily tapped my finger on my phone screen to stop the loud noise from penetrating my ears. Hearing that annoying alarm go off woke me from my slumber as I slowly rose from my bed. I casually opened my eyes to take in my surroundings as I couldn't help but smile at my new room.

'I can't believe that I'm staying with Hanako now. It honestly feels weird to say the least.' I thought to myself as I got out of bed to get ready for the day ahead.

I never thought in a million years that I would be staying at my ghost friend's place. I just hope this all works out and that everyone else won't worry about me after all I've been through.

I continued preparing myself for the day as I made my bed and went to my bathroom to change. I'm glad I don't have to borrow his shower. Otherwise, things could get awkward before you know it.

Regardless, I pushed forward and made my way to find Hanako.

I searched around as I found his kitchen and decided to find something to eat. Much to my surprise, he had all kinds of snacks in his tiny pantry area. However, I noticed that he had some donuts that seemed pretty fresh and ready to be devoured.

'I bet he wouldn't notice if I took one, right?' I thought to myself as I contemplated whether or not this was a good idea.

I decided it was fine and carefully took off the seal as I went to grab a donut from the bunch. As I held the donut in my hand as I went to take a bite. I didn't notice anything strange until I felt two arms wrap around my torso.

I instantly froze in place until I heard someone speak up next to my ear.

"Who said you could start eating my donuts?" The voice said in a playful tone, as I then realized that it was Hanako behind me.

I blushed at the sudden contact, but didn't have the energy to push him off. This seemed to shock him as he turned me around with his arms to look at me straight in the eyes.

"I guess you lost quite a bit of energy after all that happened yesterday, right? In that case, I'll let you keep the donut under one condition." He exclaims again in a sly tone while still holding onto my fragile frame for support.

"A-And what's that?" I said, while blushing harder with all his attention set around me.

I was curious what his condition was going to be, but before I had time to comprehend anything, he leaned closer towards my face. My anticipation was killing me when I saw his actions become more personal then I had originally thought.

'I-Is he g-going to kiss m-me?! I-I don't k-know if I-I'm ready for t-this y-yet!' I screamed in my mind as I felt one of his hands under my wrist as the other cupped my cheek.

I began to close my eyes as I expected that he was going to kiss me and confess that he likes me. However, things didn't go as planned.

I felt him pull my arm up towards his face as he took a bite of the donut that laid dormant in my hand.

"Mmmm... that was delicious! I just wanted a bite out of your donut. Unless you were wanting something more than that?" Hanako teased again, while holding onto me for a little longer before letting go so that I had time to process all that happened.

This is not what I expected as I saw the reality of the situation before me. My face was a tomato at this point as I attempted to wash my face away from this embarrassing moment.

I stayed silent in astonishment as I gave myself some time to process everything that just happened. Luckily I had calmed down long enough to stop my blushing mess that spread across my face.