Chapter 10

Your POV

I woke up the next morning feeling rough from having only a few hours of sleep. I couldn't help, but think about Hanako and how I could make it up to him by believing I betrayed him during my outing.

I understand he's jealous of him, but I do feel like I should've told him what was going on. That's the part that eats me up inside my mind.

'What can I do to make amends with him? Hmm... I could hang out with him after I'm done cleaning? No, I feel like it has to be something unexpected. He's been there for me all this time and I think it's my turn to do the same.' I pondered to myself, questioning what the best plan of action should be.

I continued to think about my conundrum as I lazily got out of bed to get myself ready to go. However, as I went into my closet, something felt off.

I saw something black fly across my door and vanish within a second. It seemed like a blur of a black crane, from what I could see in my line of view. I must be seeing things and brushed the thought off as just a bug.

I proceeded forward with my daily routine as I normally do. I got myself dressed as I saw my Mom standing near the stovetop cooking toast, eggs, and bacon. She offered some to me and placed the plate in front of my face.

I couldn't help but feel a little unnerved with this situation. This same scenario played out in my first nightmare I had a while ago and it's scaring me once again in real life.

The only difference this time was that the plate of food incorporated a smiley face instead of a frown, like it was depicted before.

Nevertheless, I rolled these feelings aside and ate breakfast while chatting with Mom before heading off to school.

As I finished making my way towards the front door, I heard Dad yelling to Mom for the usual moment each day. She would always excuse herself and then tell me to not worry about her.

Whenever this happened, I always felt fearful that something bad would happen to my Mom.

'I hope she's doing okay. I can't afford to lose my mother with everything else going on in my life at the moment.' I commented to myself as I felt sad leaving the house, but I did it to relieve our stress of the situation. I also realized it was time to go as I rushed down the street to meet Nene for our casual meetings before class.

Time Skip!

I hastily made my way towards the entrance of the school building as I saw Nene sitting and waiting for me. I approached her with my tired persona, but also with a look of relief to know I wasn't late arriving at school.

"Hey Nene! Sorry for making you wait on me. I was running a little late this morning." I began apologizing to her for the mishap that occurred prior to this morning.

"You know it's fine! I'm just glad nothing happened to you. Speaking of which, we need to head to class!" Nene said with urgency as we both started speed walking towards our classroom.

We made it just in time to take our seats as our teacher began with the lecture.

Time Skip!

It was now lunchtime as Nene and I went through the same old routine of retrieving our food from the cafeteria. The lines were longer than normal, but we stood patiently waiting for the number of people to go down. We continued to chat about what we planned to do after school since we didn't have toilet duty.

"It's relaxing knowing that Hanako gave us the day off from toilet duty! I'm so happy that I'm not having to scrub those nasty toilets and sinks again." Nene said with happy tears coming from her eyes. It's like she was enjoying having the night off from any chores.