#20

Aesira

I stared at the white ceiling above me as I laid on my bed over the duvet. To say I was bored was an understatement. I was alone and spent all of my days looking up at the ceiling, I hadn't eaten or stepped out of bed.

It was my day off but Athena still had to work. I wondered what she does when I work and she doesn't. The gurgling in my stomach got louder as the time lasted by.

How late was it?

I rolled my head along with the pillow to the small desk side where my phone laid, clicking it on I looked at the screen to check the time.

4:00pm

Shocked I sat up and got out of the bed. I walked outside my room and looked at the quiet and vacant space. I brushed my hair down with my fingers and walked back into my room to change out of my current set of clothes I had on, I couldn't stay in the clothes I had slept in all day, as much as I wanted to.

I slipped on a pair of baggy jeans and a hoodie before putting in my shoes and leaving, I walked out the door and tied the strings on my hoodie into a bow.

I look to the side giving Pablo a tight-lipped smile, he gave me a small nod and remained in his spot. I was glad he wasn't following my every move but also a little wary when he did watch over my door.

I stopped at the elevator and started putting my hair up knowing it was probably messy. As the doors slid open my arms slowly fell. Just my luck.

Damon was staring down at his phone with his eyebrows furrowed, he looked frustrated, tense. Curiosity started building up inside of me as I found myself wondering why he was so bothered, but I knew better than to ask.

He looked up consciously to see who would be walking in, his face relaxing at the sight of me, I could see his lips twitch up as he tried to hide the smile trying to breakthrough. I don't want to go into the elevator anymore.

I stood there frozen not sure what to do, I turn my head looking at Pablo whose head was stuck in our room still. What am I going to do?

"I don't bite blue...unless you want me to" I look back at Damon with an unbelievable look, he wasn't serious...was he? I took a deep breath and walked into the closing elevator before I couldn't anymore.

I look at the button that was closest to Damon than the space between us. I had moved the farthest I could away from him. I cleared my throat and looked straight, "the main floor please" I said as if he was just another person.

I heard a deep chuckle "I'm going there already" he informed me. I nodded my head and crossed my arms over my chest, my leg bounced frantically as I tried to calm the nerves that flowed along my body.

Is it getting hot in here?

I brought my fingers to my hoodie airing it out. My body was burning and I felt the space between us closing, as much as I wanted to be near him... I knew I shouldn't.

"Are you ok?" I felt an arm on my shoulder and my head immediately snapped towards his, he looked a little worried and turned my body to face his. "Aesira" my name, gosh my name on his lips!

He brought his hand to my cheek and rubbed the pad of his thumb along my cheekbone, I wanted to melt against his touch more than anything in the world right now but I kept stopping myself. My mixed feelings kept getting in the way of my decision-making.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath consoling myself. "You're ok." He said as a statement. "Open your eyes" he begged me as his free hand snuck around my waist. This wasn't helping one bit.