#51

Aesira

"We are not gonna fight today" Allen said cracking his knuckles. We walked passed the fighting rink and into a lighter arena, weapons covered the back walls from top to bottom. Guns, knives, arrows, and plenty of others. "We are picking a skill" he smirked while walking and picking up a bow and arrow. He handed both me and Athena one and pointed to where we should stand.

"I have no clue how to use this thing" I said standing in my row. He laughed and went back to grab a couple more things.

"Which is why I'm going to teach you, you can't just depend on your fists all the time" he walked back to the both of us and opened his hand. "Put these in between your hand and the string. It's called a finger tab, it's so your fingers don't get hurt" he helped me and Athena properly wear it before giving us our next instructions. "Ok now straighten left arm and place it close to the middle of the arch" he moved my hand and Athena watched following my movements. "Next arm is the one that pulls the string and releases the arrow. Understandable?"

"Yes?" I said squinting. He laughed once again and grabbed an arrow. He stood behind me and leveled out my arms, after he placed the back of the arrow on the string and put my fingers on it instead of his. "Ok" pushing back my arm so my elbow was now curved he made sure to glance at Athena who seemed to have everything figured out.

He moved back and stood in between us. "Keep an eye on the target" my eyes squinted on the red dot, I knew exactly how to hit it if I had something much smaller but with the bow and arrow I was lost. "Shoot!" He yelled and once I let go, the arrow barely flew. I sighed and dropped my arms. Athena started to laugh as her arrow didn't even come off of the string.

"Arrows are a no" Allen said and grabbed them from us. I sighed and tightened my ponytail that kept becoming loose.

"Who would even use an arrow to fight?" Athena said shrugging her shoulders. I chuckled and watched as he picked up two little guns.

"From what I remember you are quiet good with these" he said, memories flooded back to me from when I shot my father. I had never held a gun before let alone shot one before that night, and I hadn't touched one since.

"She has a gift when it comes to aim" Athena said proudly. I bit my lip as he placed the gun into my hands. It was heavier than I remember, but it was a small thing, it didn't seem life threatening at all.

"Is that so?" He said handing Athena one and then going back to grab two sets of glasses and what looked like headphones. He nudged his head for us to follow him. "Time to use that so called gift."

"It's just a party trick" when have I ever been to a party? I rolled my eyes at my words and they both laughed at me. We stopped a few rows to our left and this time the target looked much different than the arrow one. They were people shaped and exes were placed on the heart, the head, the arms, and legs.

"Put these on first" he said handing us the headphones and safety glasses, "prepare yourselves" he said again and this time went to help Athena first, he placed her arms in a similar manner to the arrow shooting position except her left arm wasn't as bent. He then moved over to me and did the same.

"Now flip the safety off" he yelled but it came off as a whisper through the headphones and pointed to the spot where it was. I turned it off and took a large breathe in. "Ready" he said looking ahead.

"Sort of" Athena mumbled squinting her eyes. I bit my lip as hard as I could and kept reminding myself to keep my eyes open.

"Ok now move slightly to where you wanna shoot and pull the trigger" he said in between us. I moved my arms so that the shot would go straight to the ex on the head and exhaled. Quickly I pulled the trigger before I could think anymore.