#33

Don't be a silent reader my friends.💕✨

Aesira

"Let's go!" Athena yelled while pounding on my door. I trembled while trying to slip on my flats. I let out a breath of annoyance and looked down at my shoes. I was glad that the longer uniform covered my bruised marked thighs. Had the skirt been any higher purple and red males would have been on the show for everyone.

I slightly regretting leaving this morning but I didn't want it to seem suspicious to Athena or be late a work. A shit excuse I know. I had no idea how I was going to explain any of this to anyone.

"I'm coming" I trembled to the door and unlocked it. I leaned my weight on it causing it to open abruptly.

"What's up with you today?" Athena looked me up and down and started walking to do the door. I laughed trying to play it off cool. She could read me so well.

"I'm just tired I didn't get much sleep" I lied, realistically I had the best see of my life. I slept fully and peacefully throughout the night. Being wrapped in among warm embrace brought a weird sense of safety I couldn't explain, shit I couldn't explain half of the things he made me feel. They were unreal.

"Mhm" she hummed and opened the door, I stepped out and rolled my eyes. Instinctively pulling down my skirt and drawing my hair in front of my shoulder I waited for Athena to close the door. She turned and looked at me then at something behind me. Her lip turned into a smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at her and slowly turns my heel. Fuck me.

"Jace" Athena and I did in unison. My words laced with boredom and hers with amusement. "How was your night Jace" I felt Athena slightly nudge my body.

"It was great, and you two?" he asked politely back. I didn't answer.

"Mine was great, and I'm sure you already know how Aesira's was" wiggling her eyebrows her smirk grew.

"Why would I know-"

"Well we best get going we are gonna be late" I linked my arm around Athena's and tugged her down the hallway even if my thighs were in pain and my knees were going to give out. Jesus this man broke me.

"Right right it's on the low" she winked at me.

"Nothing is on the low because nothing is going on. Get it? Good." She rolled her eyes and stepped into the elevator.

"I'm you're twin sister why can't you just be honest with me, I tell you everything" guilt flooded through me as she spoke. I looked at the grey shiny door in front of me seeing the wonky messed-up reflection.

"Not everything" I raised a brow and looked at her. She turned her head to me in a flash, she scanned my eyes as if trying to figure out what I knew.

"Yes, everything" Athena shook her head frantically and turned her head straight ahead now avoiding my gaze.

"No... but you know I love you no matter what Athena" I reminded her, I wasn't going to pressure her. It's at her speed, whenever she wants to express how she feels to me she will. I can wait.

Athena's Eyes met mine right when the door slid open. I smiled at her and nudged my head. "Let's go," I said and started to walk out. Walking through the lobby casually I kept drawing down my skirt which each step as it kept moving up. One slip up and everything's on view.

Entering the casino I lifted my head from my skirt to my usual place and stopped in my tracks. Crap. Damon sat there in all his glory casually waiting on one of the stools where I was supposed to be at. The woman that was on before me was still hosting the game and I stood there confused. He wasn't even playing he just sat there looking down at his watch.