#23

Aesira

A sudden knock pulled me away from the thoughts that were running through my brain. I sat up from my laying position on the couch and looked towards the white door. Another knock came.

I sighed loudly and walked towards the door. Swinging it open, I let a blank look fall onto my face. "Pablo?" I asked confused.

"Come" he spoke up which shocked me. I raised a brow confused, hoping he would further explain. He turned his heel making a swift move down the hallway. I looked down the quiet hallway that he walked down and then turned my head towards the other side.

Where is he going?

I groaned and closed the door before following him down the hallway. He stopped at the elevator and clicked the button. "Where are we going?" I asked him. He didn't reply to me.

"I don't even have shoes on," I said look down at my feet. Pablo moved his head slightly and glanced down at my sock-covered feet. His lips twitched up before going back straight and still.

The doors slid open and he walked inside first. I stood outside the doors hesitantly and narrowed my eyes at the man. "Come," he said again. I rolled my eyes and stepped in after him.

"You're a man of few words I see" I commented. He placed his thumb on the scanner which made my body tense. "We're going to the penthouse?" I asked him now wanting to leave.

He gave me a short nod. I cursed under my breath while shaking my leg up and down. Not less than a minute later the doors slid back open.

Right in front of us stood Damon in all his glory. His large veiny arms were crossed along his muscular chest. His stance was screaming dominance as he looked down at me with a smirk.

"Welcome," he drew out. His eyes flicker along my body and landed on my shoeless feet. "Where are your shoes?" He asked me trying to hold back the smile that threatened to break through his smirk.

"I don't like shoes" I shrugged my shoulders casually. He narrowed his eyes at me while slowly nodding. "Come," he said turning around and already walking away.

Why am I up here?

"Is there a reason I'm here Damon?" I followed after him. He made no move to look at me or answer my question. I huffed while following him to his office.

"I hate this office" I looked around the plain and clean room that had too many memories. If the walls could speak-

He held up his arms gesturing for me to walk farther in before him. I rolled my eyes at the weirdly nice gesture. Crossing my arms over my body insecurely I walked slowly to the seat in front of his desk.

Stopping halfway I turned my head around and demanded him to leave the door open. I heard no shut of the door along with his footsteps towards me. I let out a sigh of relief knowing the door was open.

Making sure I turned my body around in the chair to check. My eyes hit Damon's torso covered in his white button-up. I could see his muscular body practically shape the shirt as it clinged to his body perfectly.

His arms remained on both sides of the chair. I turned my body back around and remained forward. I look from the corner of my eye at the hand that laid on the chair rest beside me. They were veiny but smooth. I could see a few that stood out from the folded sleeve. A watch was in full display practically begging for attention.

Gosh, that looks expensive.

"Mind telling me why I'm here?" I asked crossing my left leg over the other and tightening my grip around my body. My head now stayed forward-looking at his empty chair and desk.