war

After a couple more hours I start having to walk around to keep myself awake. Since Wyatt and Kate aren't able to take watch, there's only two groups. We only have to make it until 12, then Aspen and Jax will watch until 6. Then we'll wake everyone up and hit the road. Assuming everything goes according to plan.

I walk back to my spot beside Grayson, who is nodding off already.

"HEY! You can't go to sleep without me. Nu-uh not fair." I say, waking him out of whatever sleep he was in. His head jerks up and he's looking around, confused. I almost laugh.

"Oops." is all he says.

"Only an hour and a half left," I say, trying to be encouraging.

"Hour and a half, hour and a half," he repeats to himself. I walk over to my backpack, fishing for some of the clothes I picked up.

Stupid. I forgot a jacket. That's like the one thing I actually need. I sigh and walk back to the kitchen. Grayson notices me shivering and asks,

"Here, you want my jacket?"

"Oh uh, no it's okay I'm fine." he grins.

"Sawyer, you're shivering. I'm warm. Take the jacket." I roll my eyes and take the jacket.

"Thanks." I murmur. To be fair, his jacket was really warm.

We pass more time by playing war with some cards Grayson found in the apartment.

"Alright, I'm out." I say after losing for the third time.

"You sure? C'mon I'll go easy on you this time."

"War is literally all luck, you can't go easy on me." I point out. Grayson just laughs. "We only have thirty more minutes and then I'm going to take the fattest nap of my life." I say, imagining it already. Grayson grins and laughs at me.

When it's finally time to switch shifts I almost cry in relief, I didn't know I could be this tired. Grayson says it's the blood loss.

We wake Jax and Aspen up and quickly change Wyatt's bandages. I walk over to the part of the living room where we laid out a bunch of sleeping bags. I crawl into the one beside Kate and close my eyes. I feel Grayson crawl into the one on the other side of me.

"Goodnight." he says. I can hear the smile on his lips.

"Goodnight." I reply.