froggy family

After sitting in the hallway for a while we head back out to the others. Aspen sees me first and comes over to give me a hug. I don't know what they saw or heard, but I hug her back.

"I'm okay," I tell her. She nods at me and goes back to sitting beside Wyatt. Jax and Wyatt give me a small smile that I return.

"I'm going to talk to the desk lady," I tell Grayson. He hesitantly nods and let's me go. I go back inside, my eyes adjusting from the bright sun to the dim hospital lights.

I walk over to the desk, where the lady has her head in her hands. When she hears me approaching she looks up.

"Oh, hi." She says.

"Um, hi." I say. "Listen, I'm sorry for freaking out on you. I know you're probably just as worried as I am."

"It's okay, sweetie. And I'm not that worried, I know they'll be fine. We have a procedure that they should know when this happens." That makes me feel a little better.

"So, when do you think I'll see them?" I ask.

"It could take hours or days to find them. We have to drive to all the marked bus stops in the city." she tells me.

"Oh uh, okay." I say. "Will you tell me if you hear anything from them?"

"Sure, sweetie." I start to walk out, then turn around.

"Hey, what's your name?" I ask her.

"Janelle." she tells me. I give her another smile and walk away.

After coloring with Kate for 20ish minutes I stand up to stretch my legs out. I wall back and forth, which eventually turns into pacing. I don't normally pace when I'm anxious, but I just can't sit still anymore.

I play with the hem of the sweatshirt Grayson gave me as I walk. Wyatt and his mom headed inside a while ago. Michelle said she saw some family friends in the hospital earlier today.

Aspen is talking with Jax and his dad while Kate is rolled in a ball beside them, either pretending or trying to sleep. Grayson is sitting a little farther away, leaning back on his hands with his eyes closed soaking in the spring sun. I can't help it as I stare at him.

The sunlight makes his soft skin glow, and there's a small smile on his lips. It's the first time I've slowed down and really looked at him, and honestly? He's gorgeous.

As if he senses me staring his eyes open and he looks around at me. He jerks his chin, signaling for me to come sit beside him. I walk over and take a seat on the grass.

"Hey." he says with a knowing grin.

"Hey." He doesn't say anything for a while, then-

"Were you staring at me?" he asks.

"Wha-I-no." I stammer out.

"Mhm." he smiles down at me, and his gaze alone makes my cheeks heat up. I roll my eyes and try to supress my smile as I lean back on my hands.

"It's okay, I'd stare at me too." he smirked. I scoff and playfully punch him in the arm.

"You think you're hot don't you?" I say jokingly, before I realize what I said. I slap my hand over my mouth, definitely regretting what I said.

"I was just thinking un repulsive but.... You said it, not me." he says as I'm still cursing my big mouth.

"Uh, sorry that was weird. I don't-I'm-" I trail off, not knowing what to say that isn't weird.

"It's okay. You're cute when you try not to blush." he says, which makes me blush more as I smile down at the grass. I feel him gently put his finger under my chin, lifting my head to meet his eyes.