Chapter 14

As Rihan predicted I eventually had to break up with Nimish. I did not want to give him more hope. I told him to delete Tinder and install Jeevansathi.com. That will be more suitable for him.

So Rihan and I went to the Marine Drive one evening. "It's good though..." I said. "Let him get a nice girl he wants."

"You guys didn't have sex, right?" He asked.

"No. But well there were other things..."

He looked at me. "He went down on me."

"Ah..." Rihan nodded.

My hair began to fly everywhere in the wind. It was a bit longer now. I tried to get it out of my eyes and all. "Eh..." I said.

"Don't you have a hairband?" Rihan asked.

I usually do not carry one around since my hair is short. But I may have one in my bag somewhere. So, I fished through my bag and found an old one. I began to tie my hair, but all strands did not come into the ponytail I was trying to make.

"Give me..." Rihan took the hairband from my hand and to my surprise went behind me and carefully tied my hair. A couple of girls walking around whispered... "Aw... So cute." "I wish my boyfriend did that for me."

Rihan blushed. And I felt so self-conscious as well.

But his ponytail was so good though. No stary hairs came to my face. "Where did you learn to tie hair so well?"

"I have a sister. So... Also... Suhani." He said. The second time he has spoken her name in a very long while. We walked.

"You miss her?"

"No," he said. That was unexpected so I looked at him. "It feels like she never left. She is still here...."

"Oh..."

He looked annoyed and pained.

"Have you... have you thought about... you know... dating again? Someone different."

Rihan looked surprised. I did not want to bring it up so soon, because I wanted to give him time to heal. But now it has been four months since the breakup. So... I thought it is about time that he date again.

But he looked disturbed. So I guess he needs more time. I wiped away a drop of sweat from my forehead and dropped my hand back. It brushed into Rihan's hand. It felt strange. I felt Rihan could feel it too.

Chapter 14.5

I could feel the course of the wind changing direction

I could notice that the person I thought of often was changing

The one I looked forward to seeing is slowly being replaced.

But...

I wanted to unsee it.

Because I am not a person like that