Chapter 25

Rihan was silent the next morning on the way to my office. He was dropping me at my office in his car. And usually, he talks something and hums to the music. But today he was silent.

I wondered if kicking him out last night was a step too far. And I did not know what to do.

He sighed loudly when we reached a signal point.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Hm? No nothing." He said. A smile that did not reach his eyes.

I almost wanted to call up Suhani and ask her what the method is to make him talk when you know he is lying. She must know. And I felt so stupid that I was thinking so.

"Hm... Suhani had called." He said after a minute.

Oh....

Then silence.

"Why?" I asked since he was not saying.

"Nothing. Just... Since we saw each other yesterday and all. Just friendship sake."

Friendship??? Suhani and Rihan being friends... I don't know.

"She did not call me." I reminded him.

He looked at me. "So? Are you implying something?"

"No. Just..." I said.

We reached my office building.

"Thanks for dropping me," I said stepping out.

"Ishi." He leaned over. I turned back.

"Hmm... Nothing." He said. "Have a nice day."

I was uneasy the whole day. It was not me to not confront things. If it was Yash, I would have asked him ages ago. That was my dynamics with Yash. This is different.

I can't believe I am doing this. I called Vishwa. "Hello, Ish..."

"Do me a favour."

"What?"

"Meet Suhani. Call her and say you miss her and meet her."

"Aaannnnddd?" He asked with doubt.

"Suhani called Rihan. Ask her what they talked about."

"Have you gone mental?"

"I am going mad here."

"You should have thought of that before dating Rihan. You know Rihan and Suhani are going to get back together."

"Are they?"

"How would I know?"

"Can you find out?"

"I am not playing spy. You do it yourself. It is your problem." He snapped.

I sighed as he hung up.

I considered calling Suhani. But hesitated. But then I remembered that Suhani is my friend in the end. And after yesterday... I really did need to talk to her. All this 'me being a slut' business – I needed to know her stand in it. If the entire friends' group is against me, I wanted to know if she had anything to say about that.

So, I called her. She picked up, and sounded guilty, "Hey"

"Hey. Hm... I wanted to talk to you."