Chapter 15

I got a call from Rihan in the middle of the day. I took the call while typing on my laptop. "Hm..."

"Eh...busy?" he asked. And sounded a bit nervous.

"No. Why?"

"What are you doing this evening?"

"Nothing much. Why?"

"Shall we see a movie?"

"Netflix. Fine..."

"No. Not Netflix..." he said. "let's go to Movie Theatre."

My jaw dropped. Is he asking me out? Nah... No way. He probably means in a friends way. Just a friends way... Maybe there is a movie he wants to watch and he does not have company. "Hm... Which movie."

"Well... whatever movie is playing." He said.

Is this a... No way...

"Okay." I finally said. He just wants some entertainment. Probably. "What time."

"Six?"

"Okay. I will see you there then."

I looked at the time on my mobile. It was 6.30 now. And there was no sign of Rihan.

I called him. He did not pick up.

I was getting annoyed.

Then I remembered that when Rihan was with Suhani he was a big prankster. Was this a prank?? Is it? If it is... I got so angry.

But when it was about 7, Rihan came running. "Sorry. Sorry..." he panted. "I... I think I texted you. But I composed the message and forgot to send it. I got busy with something."

Oh...

He looked up. The movie had already started and the next movie was not until 9.30. "Shall we just eat then?" he asked. "there is this very nice Asian restaurant around here. My treat."

I shrugged.

"What did you get busy with? Office?" I asked while we were in the restaurant since he looked a bit guilty. He shook his head. He still looked tense and guilty. I waited.

"Hm... Suhani had called."

"Oh!" I said. "What did she want."

"Her father is unwell."

"Oh..."

"She needed a friend."

"What about that guy. Siddharth."

"She needed me." He said quietly.

I just stayed silent. He looked at me. "Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"You know what..."

"Well, I clearly disapprove...." I said.

"It's expectant, Ishi. Her father was unwell. She needed me. Whatever happened between us, I can't leave her alone in a situation like that."

"What happened to uncle?" I felt guilty that I did not ask that.

"He fainted due to blood pressure. Now he is stable. But Su got really scared."

"Don't you feel angry with her?"

"Of course, I feel angry with her."

"Then..."

"She was crying." He said that as that was his last explanation.

I felt annoyed. Our food arrived. I took my fork to eat. "Pussy whipped," I mumbled. Rihan left his fork and looked at me sternly. I ignored him and continued to eat.

Chapter 15.5

It was not like I wanted to go.

I did not even want to pick up her phone.

But she was crying.

What else was I supposed to do...?

Ishi was violently attacking her noodles with her fork.

And I thought she looked cute.

I understood why Yash said that she drives him crazy