It was sunshine, but then it rained.

-august-
Some people just radiate sunshine. When they walk into a room the lights get ten times brighter and the walls become clear.

But not her. She was the opposite.

She never smiled. She never laughed. She never showed anyone that she knew how to feel anything but sorrow.

And even though I always saw her. It became apparent that she never saw me.

To understand who she is you need to see who she was. So let's go back to the first day of school, well her first day.

It was a cloudy Monday in the middle of November. I had no intentions of talking to anyone that day, to be honest I never had the intentions of talking to anyone.

I was walking down to my seat at the back of the bus when some douche tripped me and I flew a couple seats forward onto an unknown girls lap.

I looked up and saw a brown eyed brunette with the biggest dimples I had ever seen. She was wearing a sage green dress with white flowers spread all over it and white converse. She was beautiful.

She immediately slid her and her backpack over to window. Not even fretting an eyelash at me.

I looked down then right back up at her again. God she's gorgeous.

"Um sorry I-I didn't mean to do that." I mumbled blush resident to my cheeks.

She looked up and a small smile met her lips.

"It's fine." She stated coldly the smile slipping away.

I quickly stood up and looked back at where I would normally sit seeing my spot had been filled by Carter Smith, the varsity quarterback.

"So" I cleared my throat "do you think I could sit with you" I asked.

She looked up at me with a puzzled expression.
"Sure? I mean I guess?" She said quietly.

"Yea yea um great, that's great. Thanks." I rushed out and sat down leaving only around 2 inches between us.

The seats on our bus are at least like 2 times smaller then the ones on the other buses so they forced you to practically sit on top on the person next to you. 

I put my backpack on the ground in between my legs and placed my hands on my thighs rather awkwardly.

I looked up at her to see if she was looking at me but she wasn't. She was staring out the window with earphones on and a stone cold expression on her face.

I took out my phone and went to my notes app and clicked the + symbol and in the box I wrote "she smiled at me". Then quickly closed out the tab so if she did look over she wouldn't see and placed my phone back into my jacket pocket and smiled down at the floor.

I reached my arm over and tapped her on the shoulder.

She looked up and kinda groaned/mumbled "hm?"

"Im August by the way. August Matthews." I beamed.

"Cool." She said and went right back out to looking out the window.

Cool.