When the sky fell

-August-
We didn't talk for the whole rest of the bus ride. I kept expecting her to turn to me and say her name but she didn't , she just stayed staring out the window with an amused look painted on her face.

When we were parting our ways as we stepped off the bus I decided to make the move and talk to her.

"Hey" I said. She sharply turned around to face me.
I cleared my throat and shoved my hands deep into my pockets then asked. "So, what's your name?".

She looked at me blankly for a few seconds. "Bailey. Bailey Lei." She answered.

A smile spread across my face and my cheeks turned pink.

"Cool." I said. After a couple seconds she looked like she was about to walk away so I quickly rushed. "See you later then Bailey Lei."

As she was walking away she half shouted "okay August Matthews."

And that was how it all started. Well Bailey & me that is.

After she walked away it took me a couple minutes to get out of the high I was in, but once I did I walked into the school and over to my locker.

I noticed that her locker was the one below mine by the name tag it had placed on it- our school places name tags on new kids lockers so they can find it easier- it looked like she had already been here though because I could see her book bag peaking through.

I kinda just stared down at her locker for a while, ahem (15minutes), I was interrupted by the school bell ringing alarming me I had 30 seconds to run to my class down the hall or I would be late and given a detention.

I ran-no sprinted-into the classroom and tripped right over a desk.

All eyes in that room bolted in my direction making my insides turn.

"Mr.Matthews that's your third tarty this month" Mr.Williams, the 11th grade English teacher boomed.
"You know what that means" he smiled."detention"

I looked up and met his eyes "yea sorry Sir, I know".

"You'll be happy to hear you aren't the only unlucky student today" he said.

"What?" I asked.

"Well I'm sure you've heard the buzz about the new student joining us. Ms.Lei."

Bailey, he was talking about Bailey.

"Well" he started "she made quite a scene in Mrs.Larson's class." He walked over to where I was on the floor and handing me a detention slip pulling me off the ground and gesturing me to go sit in my assigned seat. I sat down my eyes following him as he walked back up to the smart board, urging him to continue.

"Apparently some guy said something that made her do something and I don't know, seems like a big reason to just be a typical emotional woman to me" he stated smiling at the class the whole time.

I could visibly see how all the female students shifted in there seats as he said this. God I hate Mr.Williams, he's a sexist, misogynistic, grade A asshole.

"So" he began talking again a couple seconds later "you will have someone to join in detention" he winked at me "keep you company" he said. God he's creepy he even made me squirm a little bit.

I made it through the rest of the hour folding and then re-folding my detention slip into the shape of different animals. Mainly swans and foxes, trying to tame my excitement. I got to spend an entire hour with Bailey, all alone.

I don't know why I liked her so much already. I really shouldn't have, I had only said like like 5 sentences to her.

But I just couldn't help it, she's that beautiful.