Heros that wear red capes

-Bailey-
I was hoping he wouldn't speak to me again for the rest of the day. But he did.

As we were walking of the bus he asked me my name. I considered lying, maybe just walking away, I also considered just saying something like "unforgettable" but this isn't a French Montana song.

Instead I looked straight at him and said the truth.

"Bailey. Bailey lei." I said.

His cheeks popped a bright pink.
And a couple seconds later he said.
"Cool. We'll see you later then Bailey lei."

As I was walking away I yelled over my shoulder
"Okay August Matthews."
And I walked away into the school doors.

As soon as I reached my locker, number 310, a short red head girl with strawberry cheeks and freckles sprinkled around her face walked up to me with a sweet smile carved on her lips . One that would make even the loneliest of souls beam.

"Hello" she sang, waving her right hand at me, her left busy with a packet of papers. "My names Hera Johnson" . She shifted the papers over to her right hand and placed her left on her hip.

"Um, hey." I said. Slipping my backpack into my locker and closing in now having two textbooks in my hand.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"I'm-" i stopped, thought about it for a second "-Bailey. Bailey lei."

"Okay well Bailey, I'm gonna be your student guide. I'm sure you already have your schedule, I know you had a meeting with the principal already so I'll just give you some papers about sports and stuff here. We are all required to take at least four different extracurricular actives before we graduate." She smiled and handed me the folder she was holding. "I take poetry club." She smiled her sweet smile, one that made me fold in half and fall to the floor.

"Um Hera" I cleared my throat.

"Yea?" She asked.

"Well" I began "I'm a junior so I graduate next year and I just moved here. Does that mean I have to take two activity things?" I asked.

She smiled again and poked me in the arm.

"Well technically yes, but there are some loopholes so you only have to do one. It's more of a way for the school to help the students look better on college applications."

I sighed a sigh of relief.

"Okay well i have to go or I'll be late for pottery, but it was nice to meet you Bailey. I love your dress." She said.

I looked down and smiled slightly but brushed it off.

~in first hour math class~

I walked in and took a seat in the back row, there was a blond girl who was definitely the Regina George of the school in front of me and guy next to me who was the Aaron Samuels. I would later learn their names are Alivia and Dylan.

As soon as I got settled in my seat Mrs.Larson, 11th grade math teacher.called my name and urged me to come to the front of the room and introduce myself.

"So Mrs. lei introduce yourself." She said.

"Um" I started fiddling with my fingers. "My name is Bailey Lei, I'm from Quebec. Most of my family over there speaks French so I'm fluent in French and English." My slight French Canadian accent peaking through as I speak, to be honest it's always there and noticeable-which I guess is apart of my sex appeal- I just choose to ignore it.

"I used to visit family in Colorado when I was a kid so it's not my first time in the US but I don't- San Francisco is a lot different from Colorado" I rushed.

I stood at the front of the room silent fiddling with my fingers for the next few minutes while everyone in the room stared at me waiting for me to speak again.

After a while I guess Mrs.Larson had har enough because she rushed me to go back and sit down and began a recap lesson so I could get kinda caught up.

As I was sitting down in my seat, the guy next to me-Dylan Smith, Quarterback Carter Smiths brother- leaned over and whispered.
"You're like super hot, there's a game tomorrow. Wanna hookup up after."

I yelled- no screamed "Excuse me?" At the top of my lungs making everyone in the room turn in my direction.

Mrs.Larson yelled from the front of the room.
"I don't know who you think you are, Ms.Lei. But we do not tolerate that here."

She walked back to my desk and handed me a piece of paper.

"Maybe next time you will learn to use your inside voice." She said.

I looked down and read the paper. Detention slip, on my first day, great. And no Dylan I do not wanna "hookup" after the game.

I don't know why people always assume just because I'm hot I do stuff all the time, I'm as virgin as they come I've never even dated anyone.