Having no voice means you can't cry

-august-
I wish I could say that we fell in love and had an amazing adventure together. I wish I could say that it was two sided love. But it wasn't.

After the day in library we rode the bus together every morning and afternoon, we would walk to our locker together and then I wouldn't see her until the bus ride home.

We did all this in silence. She made is abundantly clear she had no desire to get to know me. I was determined to know why.

"Just tell me one thing about you." I begged to Bailey as we were walking to our locker.

"Why?" She asked "why are you so keen on getting to know me? I'm not all that special you know."

I stopped making her stop and walked slightly closer to her making her eyes soften.

"You're plenty special." I said picking back up my pace to our locker.

"How would you know? You know nothing about me." She said with a smirk on her lips as she unlocked her locker below mine.

I always let he unlock her first then I would unlock mine and she would always wait, for some reason she never left until I had gotten everything I needed and was starting to walk to class.

I bopped her on the head with the back of my hand making her flinch slightly at my touch.

"You are impossible." I laughed.

"Well" she started "guess you do know something about me" Bailey closed her locker and looked up at me as my tall figure towered over me.

"You know, this is always how the classic love story's start." I said.

"What?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes slightly not wanting to try to awkwardly explain myself.

"It always starts with the shy gorgeous girl, and the social strangely looking boy."

"You're plenty handsome. And I'm not shy I just don't like anyone here" She said trying to move past my efforts to flirt.

"Do you not think this could be a love story?" I asked

She looked down the hallway towards the bathroom.

"I have to go to the bathroom." She said starting to walk away.

I grabbed her wrist making her freeze. She turned around and looked me dead in the eyes.

"No, okay? No this is not some remake of Romeo ad Juliet. It's not a live story because love isn't real. All it is is some easy words that just end up hurting people when you leave." She said and stormed off the opposite way of the girls bathrooms.

She was wrong you know. It was a love story, but unfortunately she was right too. Love does only end up hurting you.