He was all the light there was in the world

-Bailey-
I try not to smile. I try not to laugh. I try not to show any emotion other than sorrow. But sometimes it proves to be difficult. Sometimes I slip.

He always showed emotion. He always smiled.

He probably thought I didn't see him but that's a lie. I saw him just as he thought he saw me, completely.

It was my first day at my new school. I wore a sage green dress with white flowers scattered around it and my white converse.

As I walked on to my school bus, number 3, at 7:34 in the morning every eye was on me. I stared at the floor keeping my face as still as I could while still maintaining my beauty. Yes I am aware of how undeniably beautiful I am.

How could I not be, everywhere I look guys throw them selves at my feet while I simply step over them.

I sat down at the edge of my seat so no one would try to sit next to me. It's not that I have a mission to hate people or even that I love being alone, I simply am not a morning person.

At the stop after mine a brown eyed Asian kid flys into my lap sending the whole bus into a "oh my god jake did you see that" "wow Carter bro look August is already getting it with the new chick" fest.

August hm, I like that name. It suits his face, he looks kind he looks like he trips over his own feet and makes a compete and utter fool of  himself all the time. But nonetheless, still kind.

He looked embarrassed, he also looked like he was about to join the stack of boys already swooning for me on this bus at my feet.

"Oh uh sorry I-I didn't mean to do that" he rushed. A blush staining his pale cheeks.

A smile subtly made its way to my lips but I quickly pealed it off and replaced it with a stale expression.

"It's fine" I said cold and bare.

I was now sitting at the window. I shot over as soon as he landed on me for fear of him not wanting to get up. Have I mentioned I'm hot? Like really hot?

"So" he cleared his throat. I looked up and saw he was still standing at the entrance to my seat, why was he still standing there? "Do you think I could sit with you?" He asked.

I stared up at him, confused.
"Sure? I mean I guess?" I said, but In all honesty it was more of a question than an answer.

"Yea yea um great, that's great. Thanks." He breathed quickly. And sat down close to me leaving only a couple inches between us even though I knew he was at the edge of the seat.

I plugged my headphones in my ears and looked out the window. I could feel his eyes piecing my skin.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over and saw the Asian boy staring at me with a wide grin on his face.

"Hm?"I asked.

"I'm August by the way. August Matthews." He said smiling the whole time, and not just with his mouth his whole face looked so happy. Like he was genuinely happy to share this news with me.

I Ignored the fact that I had already heard one of the boys at the back of the bus say his fist name. Though I didn't know his last.

"Cool." I said before Turning right back to the window.

Cool.