Fools gold

for this chapter when somethings in italics it means it's a flashback(some flashbacks are in third person and some are in first a little 3 or 1 will be at the top of the flashback signifying which one it is. Also there will be discussion of tops that could trigger some readers so viewer discretion is advised•

-Bailey-
•3•
"Come on Bailey we have to hurry up or we'll be late!" Baileys younger sister Nora said while tugging at Baileys arm.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Bailey reply's going after her sister.

Bailey and Nora enter a van laughing the whole time. Baileys mother, father, older sister eden, and younger brother Sirius are all already in the car.

"Buckle up everyone the water parks a whole hour away!" Baileys mother says in a cheery tone looking back at the kids from the passenger seat.

As they were driving down the highway Bailey stared at her mother. She looked at her hair blowing in the wind. She saw her perfect smile. She saw her love-

When suddenly their car flipped over the highway and into the lake below. Bailey, eden, Sirius, and their dad all opened their doors before water got in.

As Bailey swam to the surface she looked down and saw her mother and little sister Nora in the car. She tried to swim back down but she wasn't strong enough.

Paramedics tried to recuse the mother and child but they were just too-

"Earth to Bailey." Mrs.woods, the librarian sang at me as she waved her hand in my face. I looked around and I was standing in the middle of The doorway to the library completely zoned out.

That happened a lot. I always zoned out at random times and had flashbacks.

I moved my hand up to my face and felt tears. At that moment August-who was standing beside me and must have seen- because he moved so he was in front of me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I looked into his eyes. No one at my new school new about my family, I didn't want them to.

"Yea." I lied "just the dust from the books."

"Excuse me" Mrs.woods chimed in "my books are very clean."

"Right sorry." I apologized.

"Okay, well you two I'll be back at 4 to dismiss you. I have some work to do in my office which is upstairs so I won't be here to keep an eye on you but I'm trusting you to keep your hands to yourself. Goodbye." She said while walking out the library and locking the door behind her.

I took a second to look around the library. I had seen it two days prior, last Friday, I had taken a tour with my father and older sister. She is a senior, Eden is basically a older version of me.

We are both pretty, and we are both undeniably swallowed in greif. We just don't show it, or maybe we do. Maybe this new emotionless thing we are doing is greif.

I used to be happy, I used to be as emotion filled as my mother. When she died I promised myself I would live like her, but everyday proves that to be harder.

"So" August said looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Where did you go? You know when you stood still the doorway for 5 minutes crying." He said while sitting down on a couch a couple feet away patting his hand in the spot next to him, urging me to sit down.

I suspiciously took a seat next to him an placed my hands in a crossed Position on my chest.

"No where" I lied "and I swear if you ever tell anyone that I'll-"

"Your secrets safe with me." He interrupted "well if you tell me where you went, that is."

He smiled a sweet, pleased smile at me.

I looked away from him and at the bookshelf's.
No way in hell am I telling him about what I saw.

•3•
"Ugh you're no fun" 10 year old Eden said to 9 year old Bailey.

"I don't wanna get in trouble." Bailey pouted.

"But it'll be fun. We've always wanted to go to the lake." Eden begged.

"Fine" Bailey said "but only if we take Nora."

"What no. She's only two, she can't even swim." Eden objected.

"Then no. I'm not going anywhere without her."
Bailey decided.

She always did love Nora the most.

"Dude what the heck." August said annoyed.

"Hm?" I asked.

"You did it again" he began "but no tears this time, you were smiling."

I looked down at my hands and saw I had been pressing down on a bracelet my mom gave me for my tenth birthday.

"What time is it?" I asked, looking over at August.

"What the hell Bailey. You scared the crap out of me." He looked down and then back up at me his eyes sad.

"Jeez dude I'm fine" I said.

I could tell in his face he knew I was lying.

I walked over to a bookshelf and started looking for a book to read.

"Yea okay, fine" he said sinking into the couch.

-hello author here, I don't know anything about cars under water so I don't think it's possible to just open a door under water like they did. But it's Wattpad so we are just gonna ignore it(also I don't know how to transition from third person to first smoothly so sorry for the absolute Crap writing. Okay bye<3-