Locked away in the tower that is my own Distruction 

-Bailey-
I tried to push him away. I tried to hide myself from the world in a room with no door. But he came through the window, while I wasn't looking.

I bursted through the doors to an empty classroom rushing to get away from August. It wasn't the classic "I lost someone now I have to push everyone away and I can never love anyone again" it was the unsaid "my mother and closest sister just died and I need some time to be alone in my mind and grieve" but he just kept finding his way in no matter how many ways I asked.

I walked over to the corner across the room and slid down the wall in tears folding into myself.

I sat in the position for almost 15 minutes when suddenly a distraught August rushed through the door and over to me.

"There you are! Oh my god I looked through every classroom!" He said sitting down next to me.

I turned my head away hoping he wouldn't see the tears but I was too late.

"Hey Bailey? Oh my god, are you okay? BAILEY!" He said in a worried town and moved so we were facing each other.

I looked at him trying to stop crying but I just couldn't help it.

I could see in his eyes he wanted to understand.

"I'm" I started. I picked my words carefully "I'm fine" I lied stretching out my legs so they were brushing up against his.

He leaned closer to me- so close I could feel his breath on my cheeks- and started examining my face and wiping away my tears.

"I'm sorry. I really like you okay. These past couple weeks have been amazing, even if we don't talk a lot I still see you. And I just thought- I don't what I thought but apparently it was the wrong thing." He said carefully inspecting each word before saying it.

I looked up at him and for the first time since I met him made eye contact.

I quickly swapped out my hurt, sad expression for a curious one.

And all of a sudden I was thinking about kissing him. Even though I've never kissed anyone or really even thought about it I really wanted him to kiss me.

I leaned forward closing the gap between us and pressed my lips into his.

He pulled away at first but then pressed his lips back into mine and kissed me.

I inched forward a bit and he pulled me up on his lap.

"-wait!" I yelled pulling away.

"What he asked?" A cinematic grin spread across his face.

I shifted off him so I was back on the floor.

"I-I've never kissed anyone before." I said, wondering why I told him that. It was true but still.

"Okay" he said "now you have." August stood up and with him pulled me onto my feet.

"I won't tell anyone about this." He whispered.

"Why? I figured you'd want to blast the news that the hot new girl kissed you." I said a mean edge to my words.

"No. I told you that I like you, to which you replied by making out with me. So I'm pretty happy as it is, telling everyone would ruin in." He smiled down at me.

"My mom and little sister died" I blurted "that's why we moved here."

"Oh." He said, his grin wiping smooth off his face.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I said that."

"Don't apologize. I asked to get to know you, and that's you. I'm m sorry for your loss. If she was anything like you I bet she was amazing." He said.

But that's the thing, she was nothing like me.

Yet still she was amazing anyways. Or at least more amazing then me.