Denial

Some West Virginia + Ohio fluff (WestOhio)

"What do you wanna do?" Ohio asked West Virginia.

"I don't know, I just wanna be with you." West Virginia responded, staring into Ohio's green eyes and smiling.

"You two could go on a date." Pennsylvania chimed in.

"Why would we do that?" Ohio asked.

"Yeah why would we do that, it's not like we're in love." West responded, he wasn't in love with Ohio, and he knew Ohio wasn't in love with him. Yet something about being around him made his heart flutter, it felt so warm to just be held in his arms, he knew it wasn't love though.

"Are you sure about that?" PA asked, he knew West had a crush on Ohio, it was so obvious.

"Yes we're sure." Ohio responded, he was confused as to why PA kept thinking he was in love with West Virginia. He wasn't in love, he couldn't be, they were friends and he couldn't have a crush on a friend. Besides he had two loving boyfriends that he loved more than the world, there was no way he could love West.

"Well I mean Indiana and Alabama said it's ok, so as long as it's ok with you two, you can go on a date." Pennsylvania continued.

"Yeah but we're not in love." West responded. PA gave up for the time being, it was useless.

"Well I'm still not sure what we should do." Ohio muttered.

"Oh you could stay with me for the night, as long as your boyfriends are ok with it!" West Virginia suggested. He hoped Alabama and Indiana would be ok with it, he loved to be with Ohio, as friends. He knew they were just friends, nothing more.

"Yeah that sounds good." Ohio responded, liking West's idea. He kinda wished it would be sooner.

"Well I should probably get going, I'll ask them if they're ok with it, then we can make a time if they say yes." Ohio explained.

"Yeah, sounds good." West Virginia responded.

"Ok, well bye guys!" Ohio said as he got up to leave.

"Bye!" PA responded.

"Bye, I love you." West responded, hugging Ohio.

"Bye, I love you too." Ohio said, hugging back. They didn't love each other, they knew they didn't love each other yet they loved the embrace, it felt so warm and comforting, neither of them wanted to let go. Ohio eventually let go and headed out towards Indiana's room.

He opened the door to see Indiana and Alabama watching TV and cuddling. Alabama paused the TV as he heard Ohio walk in.

"Hey, come over here!" Indiana greeted. Ohio came over and sat on the couch next to them.

"We're watching My Hero Academia, do you wanna join?" Alabama asked.

"Yeah sure!" Ohio responded happily.

"Yay!" Indiana cooed, and went to bring Ohio into the cuddles. Alabama went to unpause the show, but stopped.

"I have a question." Ohio said. Indiana and Alabama looked at him.

"West and I were wondering if we could stay with each other tonight. Is that ok with you?" Ohio explained, asking his question.

"Yeah that's fine." Alabama responded.

"Yeah you don't have to ask us to hang out with your new boyfriend." Indiana said jokingly.

"H-he's not m-my b-boyfriend." Ohio stuttered, blushing a little. The other two just nodded.

"I mean he isn't now but he will be soon." Indiana responded.

"I don't love him like that!" Ohio defended, he knew he didn't love West. The other two just rolled their eyes and went back to watching the show. Ohio grabbed his phone to text West Virginia.

❤️ West Virginia ❤️

OH: Hey so they said yes.

WV: That's great!

OH: Yeah so what time? I was thinking 9 or ten, but I'm fine with anything.

WV: What about 9:30?

OH: Sounds good!

WV: YAY! I can't wait to see you!

OH: Neither can I.

WV: Love you, see you soon!

OH: Yeah, love you too.

Ohio put his phone away, and went to cuddle his boyfriends and watch the show.

Ohio got up to head to West's room.

"Well bye guys, see you tomorrow!" Ohio exclaimed.

"Bye, I love you!" Alabama responded.

"Adios, I love you!" Indiana responded, they hugged him, Ohio hugged back. After a little while they let go and Ohio left the room.

He headed towards West Virginia's room. He opened the door to see West laying on his bed. West perked up and looked at Ohio, smiling.

"Hey!" West cooed, greeting the Midwestern state.

"Hello, how are you?" Ohio greeted.

"I'm good now that you're here!" West Virginia answered happily. Ohio laid on the bed next to West, smiling at him.

"You look so cute." West said, wrapping his arm around Ohio.

"Aww thank you!" Ohio cooed, he loved the complement, it was from a friend, he knew it was from a friend.

"Do you wanna watch some TV?" West Virginia asked. Ohio nodded, and hugged West.

"Ok!" West said happily and turned on the TV, cuddling up to Ohio. He loved being with his friend, he knew they were friends, he didn't know why he loved being around Ohio so much, but he knew they were just friends, they only loved each other as friends.

West Virginia turned off the TV, deciding to go to bed.

"We should go to bed." West said, yawning.

"Agreed." Ohio responded. West went to turn off the lights, flicking the switch to turn them off.

"Goodnight, I love you." West Virginia said, laying his head on Ohio's chest. Ohio wrapped his arms around West, holding him there.

"Goodnight, I love you too." Ohio cooed, closing his eyes to go to sleep. West followed suit, soon the two were asleep in each other's arms.