An almost empty factory

TW: Death
There is an OC here.

Indiana walked the halls of the factory like building. The halls where barren of any activity, it was silent. The sound that could be heard was the sound of his footsteps on the concrete floor. The lights flickered on and off, leaving him in darkness for a few seconds before turning back on. Every once in awhile the silence was broken with the whirring of machinery. He walked up the concrete stair, the metal hand rail stripped of its paint and rusted, everything metal was rusted in this place.

He had to remind himself of why he was here. I need to find Ohio. I'll find him and then we'll get out of here. He thought to himself constantly. He knew why he was here, but it didn't mean he liked being here. He continued walking the brick hallways. He wished he could just find Ohio, he just wanted to leave. He knew he had been here for hours, and each second that ticked by he felt more and more hopeless. He wanted to find Ohio, but as time passed by he came closer and closer to giving up.

His legs hurt, it became harder and harder to take another step. He had to take a break. He sat down on the cold ground, his back leaning up against the brick wall. He had to call Pennsylvania, he was the one that said Ohio would be here. He grabbed his phone and pressed PA's contact to call him.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello." PA greeted, answering Indiana's call.

"You lied to me, I've been here for hours and I still can't find Ohio!" Indiana snapped in response.

"I know he's there, I'm not fucking lying to you." Pennsylvania responded.

"You promise he's here?" Indiana asked, his voice shaky as he was exhausted.

"I promise." Pennsylvania responded.

"Ok thank you, bye." Indiana said.

"Bye." PA responded, hanging up the phone. Indiana stared at the screen blankly before putting back in his pocket. He stayed seat for awhile longer. After a few minutes he got back up, and continued walking.

After awhile the sound of machinery became consistent. Each step brought him closer and closer to the source of the sound. Saw a rusted metal door on the side of the hallway, he knew the source of the sound was in here. He opened the door and stepped in, it was dark and he could barely see a thing. He flicked on the light switch and looked around.

"Ohio?" Indiana asked, looking at the figure at the back of the room.

"Who are you?" Ohio asked, his the only emotion in his voice was fear.

"It's me Indiana." Indiana responded, he stepped closer to Ohio. He could see that his eyes had been taken out, and that some of his skin was missing around his neck and chest. He could see the rusted cogs turning slowly, they seemed to keep the state alive. Ohio stared at him, unblinking. Indiana could  see the cords that connected to the state. Ohio couldn't move from where he was.

"Hello!" Someone greeted from behind Indiana. Indiana turned to see who it was.

"Who- Who are you!?" Indiana asked, afraid.

"I'm Rustbelt." The taller male introduced himself, his stomach down was made of metal, and so where his arms.

"Did you do this?!" Indiana asked, glaring at him.

"Yup!" Rustbelt responded, heading toward a small control panel.

"Why did you do this?" Indiana asked. The other male unlocked the control panel.

"Oh that won't matter now." He said, flicking a  switch. Indiana could see Ohio go limp, the cogs stopped turning almost immediately. Indiana stared in horror at the sight before him.

"You killed him, you FUCKING KILLED HIM!" Indiana yelled, turning to meet Rustbelt. He had just found Ohio, and now he was gone with the flick of a switch. Indiana could feel tears welling in his eyes.

"Yes, and there's nothing you can do." He responded, leaving the room. Indiana saw the door slam behind him. He tried turning the switch back on, but nothing happened, he tried again, still nothing. He waited a few seconds to try again, still nothing. Ohio was dead, and there wasn't anything he could do.

Indiana walked over to the limp state, the only things keeping him standing were the cords. He hugged Ohio, crying into his shoulder.

"I- I'm s-sorry, I'm s-so f-ducking sorry." He sobbed into his dead boyfriend's shoulder.

"If I h-had j-just b-been a b-bit earlier, you'd st-still be alive." He sobbed, blaming himself for Ohio's death.

"I'm sorry."