The Rest

Hey everyone!!!! Author here. I kind of forgot about this fic. It's been a while...college started up in august and just kicked my ass lmao.

I'm probably never going to finish this (moved on to another fandom...), so I decided to just put here the paragraph summaries (they were made in notes and are kind of...well, you'll see. I don't want to change anything since it's been forever since I've touched this fic.) I had for each chapter I would've written. These were made like...around when I wrote chapter 20, so they were very much the planned course of events. There probably would've been slight differences or adjustments and additions if actually written. This fic was going to have 30 chapters.

I'll add little notes to the summaries to maybe clarify some things, or something...the summaries really are, um...special...

I also have the unfinished and UNEDITED chapter 24, and 26 (if you ask why I skipped 25, i have no answer. i haven't touched this fic in almost a year lmao). I'll go ahead and put those first, and then you can check the summaries to see where this fic would have gone/how it would have ended.

I also have a little note at the end. Anyways, enjoy!!!! Maybe??????

...

Chapter 24 - Rationalizing Insanity

"The food is wonderful tonight, Papyrus."

"OF COURSE!!! NOTHING LESS FROM THE GREAT PAPYRUS!"

You smiled as Papyrus continued to confidently describe the cooking process, with Frisk chiming in occasionally. Next to you was Sans, who looked just as relaxed and happy as you were.

Today had been a lazy day for you and Sans while Papyrus, Frisk, and Gaster all had went out to do something–not coming back until later. You ate another mouthful of alfredo and hummed in delight. So good. Papyrus was getting really good at cooking–especially when Frisk helped.

"Frisk, Papyrus, we should try baking some deserts next time." You lit up at the thought, watching Papyrus and Frisk similarly smile in return.

"WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA!"

"Yeah! This'll be great since I've been craving pie since moving down here." Frisk smiled brightly, then fell into thought. You tilted your head, wondering why they became quiet. "Though, we'll be seeing Toriel in four days so at least that craving will be satisfied."

...Well that's one way of breaking the news.

"what?" Sans froze, brow bones furrowed.

"REMEMBER? TORIEL CALLED LAST NIGHT AND INVITED EVERYONE TO HER HOUSE ABOVE GROUND! THAT'S WHY GASTER WAS HELPING ME AND FRISK PRACTICE BEING APART UNDERGROUND FOR LONGER TIMES TODAY!" Papyrus proudly patted his chest, and Gaster gave a serene, yet proud smile.

"And you have exceeded my expectations. Still, let's continue the next few days and increase the distance slowly. Though very unlikely you will be apart above ground, Toriel will be alarmed if you show any behavior that appears worrisome." Gaster nodded towards Papyrus, who faltered slightly before beaming in confidence.

"GASTER ALSO STARTED TO TEACH ME MORE ABOUT THE SOULMATE BOND AND MY SOUL, SO I'M ONLY GOING TO KEEP BECOMING EVEN MORE AMAZING! AND GREAT!" You felt overwhelming pride, barely able to hold back tears at how focused Papyrus was on getting better. Frisk looked just as happy.

"i'm really happy for you bro." Sans gave a genuine smile, before it started to twitch. "but what's this about going to the surface?" You sucked air through your teeth, prepping yourself for what's to come.