Delusional Perspectives

Sans remembered waking up in a panic.

A night terror had jolted him from his sleep, the image of your mangled body screaming for him jarring his soul. He got nightmares often, and usually, it was manageable because he was so used to them.

They were never so realistic, though. But it was fine. Because you were right next to him. He could comfort his own distressed state. Sans had you now. Whenever you were around him all the negative feelings melted away. With a relieved grin he rolled over and went to wrap an arm around you, to feel your soft skin and revel in your actuality.

...

Oh.

"s w e e t h e a r t ! ?"

Magic buzzed and lashed out from his soul, panic set in before any rationality could make it through. Sans only felt the terror of your disappearance, and coupled with the bloody images and screams from the dream, his mind quickly became disturbed. You were gone. Did he dream everything? No, he had you. He knew he did. He saved you. He–he gained the power to stop it because that was all he could do. But you were gone now. And–

Oh no. Oh no oh no. oh no no no n on ono non onono

"aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Was that not a nightmare? No. No. No, he was–you were–there was no way. No way. He just got you–he did everything he was supposed to do. He went against morals and his own sense of conviction because he knew it would work.

What took you? Who took you?

Sans would kill them. He didn't care who it was. Rip them apart piece by piece. Stuff their mouth full of their own intestines just so they could suffer as he did. He gripped his head to rid the images of your death, fighting for the sense of rationality he knew was there but couldn't reach.

blo od and d ust an d mang led s ouls

A subconscious part of him realized you were indeed alive, because of the intactness of his own soul–but the rest wallowed in hate and despair. The world was against him. The world was against you. A sharp pain made him lose his breath, stemming from a stinging in his skull. Sans didn't care. He clawed at himself, trying to find any type of comfort. He shoved his hand into his eye socket, yanking down on the bottom of it. He needed more pain. Distract himself.

The cracks in Sans skull spread as he clutched his head, hoping to block out the thoughts in his mind. And while partaking in the spiraling thoughts into insanity–

"SANS!"

brother! With a sharp turn of his head, Sans quickly prepared to ask of your whereabouts before looking down. Instinctively Sans had shortcut you to him, pulling you as close to him as he could. Sans was relieved. Your name fell from his teeth, repeating over and over as he reassured himself through his own tears. You were safe! You were alive. It was just a dream. A nightmare. Sans continued to whisper to himself, holding you and letting his magic fizzle out. With him. Safe. Right where you belong. The dream wasn't real. You didn't die.

As he looked over you, basking in your sheer beauty and angelic being, the paleness now greying your skin tone made him shudder.

"paps...why...why are they so sick...?" His voice wavered, trying to hold back a disbelieving laugh. "what happened...? why were...why, paps..." Sans unfocused, a surge of betrayal washing over him so fast darkness took his features.