Conversation

"Sans?!"

Of course, you'd been pretty shocked when you were suddenly blipped into a room with a sobbing Sans clutching onto you like a lifeline. After the initial confusion, you realized the only way you were getting out of this situation was to calm him the hell down.

"Sans, calm down." He was shaking pretty badly. Having a panic attack probably. You felt really bad for him, still not really grasping what caused it. Was it the almost death? Probably, to be honest. You weren't really surprised that you didn't react with anxiety, you probably wouldn't have cared if you died.

But now somebody needed you, and you sure as hell got nothing better to do.

"Sans! Look at me. I'm fine. I know the car probably gave you a shock but I'm okay. Nothing happened. Breathe. Breathe with me, okay? In and out, slowly. Can you let me go? No?" You tried to wriggle out of his death grip but realized it was pointless. For somebody made of bones, he was pretty strong. And heavy.

"Okay that's fine, your magic isn't hurting me so it's okay, but I need you to listen to me. Can you hear me? Can you hear me?" You made it clear you were only allowing this because it didn't hurt you. Death didn't scare you, but unnecessary pain? Screw that. Sans didn't seem like he wanted to hurt you anyways.

He did end up nodding, so that was a good sign.

"Okay. I need you to focus on my voice." Now you just needed to figure out how to comfort him. You dying made him panic, so maybe reassuring him you were alive would work? Seemed reasonable albeit odd.

"Focus on me, my arms, my breathing, my heartbeat. Focus on anything that makes me alive. Now focus on the nice things we're going to do after this. Think of the fun we'll have together." You kept your voice soothing and reassuring. You'd had your fair share of panic attacks and generally got through them alone, so you dealt with Sans as you would yourself. Comfort, and a bunch of jumbled sentences in an effort to ease.

"See? Everything is okay. You're just having a panic attack, but I'm here for you." Okay, stating the obvious. Classic. Drawing a blank again. He was much more relaxed and seemed to slowly come back to reality, so you were doing something right.

"I'll always be here, okay? Nothing is going to hurt me." Well, that didn't come out quite right. You're pretty clumsy so you'd probably trip on a knife and die by accident, along with your condition being sickly was a given. Probably shouldn't say that out loud though. Did he say he had a brother? You had to distract him, and he spoke so fondly about his sibling.

"Hey, when do I get to meet your brother? He sounds really awesome."

"...heh...he is..." Sans basically croaked, voice so strained and dry. Do skeletons have vocal cords? Who were you to say? Wonder if he could get strep throat.

"Well, now I have to meet him, huh?" Sounded pretty similar to the last thing you said, but he seemed to cling onto the different topic.

"...yeah."

He chuckled! It was deep and shook his body and you felt a surge of happiness at bringing his spirits back up.

"I can't wait then!" You smiled and laughed softly even though Sans couldn't see you. It was quiet, and you occasionally felt his hands twitch now and again. It was pretty comfy where you were situated. On a bed.

in his territory

Were you in his room? You noticed it was a bit of a mess but the bed was neatly made and clean. It wasn't anything surprising, just clothes were strewn about. A musky smell was also very prominent. Probably Sans. "Also, you're surprisingly warm for being made up of a bunch of bones." Oh. You said that out loud.