You're Scaring Me

"Open the door."

You stayed still, quivering slightly.

"________, I know you're in there." The queens' voice was urgent and powerful, but you couldn't move from where you stood. Sans wasn't here right now. He went to talk to his 'old friend' and finalize the move, or something along those lines. Right now you were the only one here that was awake.

Frisk and Papyrus needed their sleep, so you would refrain from waking them.

"Please let me come in. I need to see my child." You shook your head despite knowing she couldn't see you. Maybe if she was alone you would have let her inside, but you could hear the voice of a female you still feared.

"Hey PUNK! I'm gonna' kick down this door!! So!!! You better let us in!" In response to the easily recognizable voice, you only whimpered. But, if you called out for Sans, he would kill them. It seemed common sense was not in Undyne's arsenal, for she didn't wait any longer to bust through the door.

You screeched, raising your arms in front of your face. There was the thudding of heavy footsteps from upstairs, followed by the pattering of small ones. Your eyes widened seeing Toriel rush past you with tears in her eyes. No. This was bad. You knew Toriel was only acting on motherly instincts, but, with the way things are going now...

Everyone's really going to have a bad time. You needed to keep your emotions in check as not to alert your soulmate.

"So? Where's the joker?" Undyne mimicked Sans grin. You moved backward and bumped into the couch. "Hey, relax. We're not trying to help you this time." Undyne rolled her eyes and you bit your lip. Help me? You thought bitterly, noticing the shy yellow monster behind her. Alphys had the gall to look sheepish.

"W–We came to apologize, t–t–to, um, you and Sans..." Alphys clicked her fingers together, pushing up her glasses. "A–About last t–t–time...I..." You were already checked out mentally.

The hair on the back of your neck stood.

Was Sans here? No. You would've noticed. But what was causing that rising static and that ominous pressure?

...

"Papyrus!" You gasped, shoving past the females and running to the stairs. It was harder to breathe once you reached the top of the staircase, thankful for the linear hallway. It gave you the ability to see what was going on.

"D–Dear, please p–put them down...okay?" You shook your head rapidly, rushing forward to stop Toriel. Papyrus looked nervous, holding Frisk to himself delicately. It looked like he was still lucid, orange eye light flickering on and off. It seemed even with all the healing, there was still a hole in Papyruses head, albeit much smaller than before.

But the fact was, he was still impaired. And Frisk wasn't making a move to go to Toriel either. So, with how things were looking, Toriel probably won't get her way. "Toriel, please," You walked forward and gently held onto the right sleeve of her robe, looking up into her tearful red eyes, "I know you love Frisk and you are their mother, but right now...they need to be with someone who can fully understand what they're going through."

It felt like hours of staring, of begging Toriel with your eyes. You ignored the two monsters coming up the stairs and just stared at her. She needed to understand. You closed your eyes, breathing deeply. "Please."