Grow a Backbone!

Frisk felt a strange chill down their spine. They blinked slowly before narrowing their eyes. What'd he do now? Frisk groaned, flopping over onto their bed. They were just getting used to the idea of having a soulmate for heaven's sake!

Frisk sighed even louder, dramatically sitting up and falling backward onto their bed once more. When moving up from the surface somehow Toriel managed to make an exact replica of her old home, and other monsters did the same resulting in the neighborhood being deemed 'New New Home' by Asgore. Frisk snorted. Thankfully it was an easy move as Frisk has gotten really good at being an ambassador. The first few times they made it to the surface? Aha. No. That was the whole reason Frisk found out how to reset.

Dissociating was easy when everything felt like a game. Chara snapped them out of it though–thankfully.

There was a slight tug at the back of their mind. Frisk grinned. "Papyrus was really happy to meet you, even if it won't happen again." Though Chara couldn't respond, Frisk always knew what they were feeling when talking to Chara. Frisk giggled a bit at the most likely flustered spirit. "Look! He's healing our soul a bit too!"

Frisk easily brought their soul from their chest, it not being even the slightest bit difficult for how much they'd done it before. Sure enough, in some of the cracks were little flickers of healing magic from Papyrus trying to repair the lost bond. "What a great bro." Frisk froze when they said that out loud.

A faint screaming could be heard in the back of Frisk's mind. Frisk blushed and put their soul back in their chest. The skeleton brothers were the siblings Frisk had always wanted before falling down. And they'd always been so nice to them even if they did stupid things. Despite everything, Sans had been understanding once Frisk begged for forgiveness, which is why Frisk was going along with the crazy skeletons actions now. They really didn't want to true reset ever again. Frisk smiled sadly, recalling the time they realized Sans could not remember True resets. Frisk couldn't remember them either until the events changed. Which is why Frisk always assumed they didn't exist.

A complicated thing, memory was. Because every other memory stayed, just not of the specific run leading up to the true reset. Sans would still remember everything about their genocides and neutrals, but as long as Frisk true reset on a pacifist Sans would forget the pacifist run. It was sad, really, because Frisk would too until making it to the surface again.

Frisk would gradually regain memories of the forgotten timeline and be able to make better choices due to that strong déjà vu. That was how Frisk was able to steer this timeline the right way–despite not realizing this had happened before until the day after Sans saved you. Frisk had watched with knowing looks what would happen.

Frisk even told you of such things as cryptically as possible, hoping you and Sans may pick up on the hints. This timeline Frisk even gets to be Papyrus's soulmate! With Chara speaking to him for the first time as well!
It's exciting. Frisk had finally fully remembered every past true reset timeline, due to fate being changed. And despite it being great that things were going well, what Frisk remembered was burdening.

Because now Frisk knew...this wasn't the first time Sans went on a resetting spree. The first time Frisk made it two years on the surface, and when Sans found his soulmate, everything reset without being True. Which is why Sans soul stayed the same–cracked, poisoned, and determined.

In that timeline, he wasn't able to reset after only twenty times. Sans completely lost his mind, since his soul would not shatter with how determined it was, despite the one it was determined for being dead. Sans first went after innocent people to let out his rage–hoping if he gained more power he could reset again. But it was never enough–for gaster had already run out of energy to create more reset buttons.