5: a predicament

F I V E

♡♡♡

Alette's POV

Oh boy was I in a predicament.

I was stuck. Stuck like leeches soaked in super glue.

I had left bright and early this morning to go and visit my parents. I decided to take my usual route through the field, and all was fine and dandy until I was making my way back home. I thought it would be more fun to jump over the fence that was close to Grams' house instead of walking around it. I saw it in a movie once. But what I failed to remember was that, the person in the movie was wearing pants. And also...it was a movie.

To make a long story short, my flowing white dress got caught on one of the comically large nails on the wooden fence. Despite numerous attempts at getting myself unstuck, I had given up; it was impossible. There was no way to get the dress out without ripping it completely. My back hurt from turning around and trying to pry the dress out, my knees were scraped from falling after I tried walking away without knowing my dress was stuck, and there were about four and half splinters in my hands. I didn't have my phone because I had forgotten it, and I couldn't see anyone nearby.

I was very close to bursting into tears. I could feel the prickling at the back of my eyes, and my throat was doing that weird scratchy thing. I was going to die out here. There are so many things I've never tried, so many things I wanted to do. I couldn't think of any right now because I was panicking, but there were a lot.

I took a deep breath and yelled like my life depended on it. Which it did.

"HELP!" I screamed as loud as I could, and hoped that someone, somewhere would hear me. "HELP! I'M STUCK! SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

I felt fear capture every square inch of my body. Along with the fear came the feeling of helplessness.

Just as I felt like I was going to burst into tears, I heard rustling somewhere nearby. I couldn't turn around completely, but I could only hope it was a person that was walking and not some wild animal that could hurt me.

"Help me! Please I'm stuck over here!" My voice was raspy at this point from yelling and holding back my tears. The rustling got closer and closer behind me until finally, a shadow fell over me. The shadow walked around to stand in front of me and I looked up to see whom my potential saviour was.

It was him.

My eyes widened and I gave him a sheepish look. "Fancy seeing you here...in the middle of this field..."

"What happened?"

I gulped; his voice did things to me.

"I was um...visiting my parents," I pointed in the direction of the graveyard that was off into the distance, "I was just walking back home when I decided to hop over the fence because I saw it in a movie once, and it would be faster than walking around and the next thing I knew..." I trailed off and gestured to my dress, which was very clearly caught in the fence. I couldn't tell if I was feeling hot from the sun beating down on me, or if it was his presence. This was embarrassing.

"Your hands, are they okay?" he asked. I looked down to see blood, presumably from the splinters, and looked away quickly. I didn't like blood.

"They don't hurt too bad," I couldn't feel anything, just a slight sting, "I just want to get out of here because I've been stuck for so long." My lip wobbled and I could feel my tears fighting to escape. I squeezed my eyes shut to stop it from happening, breathing through my mouth.