35: grasso's interlude

T H I R T Y - F I V E

♡♡♡

Alette's POV

"Anything else you wanted to add Faye?" Dr. Esa asked, leaning back in her seat.

I smiled, shaking my head.

"I'm just...very content. I never ever could have imagined my life turning out this way, that's for sure. But more than that...I never thought that I would feel as strong as I do, emotionally and mentally," I took a deep breath in, and she smiled in encouragement.

"I feel like this is the person that I was always meant to be. That I had lost her at some point and I didn't want to find her because I was so afraid. But I feel so much more secure now. I know I'll have bad days, but even in those bad days, I feel hopeful. I can't believe that I'm here...but I am. And I'm proud of that."

I sighed, looking at her warm smile; "I'm excited for the new phase in my life. I've graduated; I'm starting my specialization program. I'm continuing my work here and...I think I'm ready to go to the bakery again. I'm also so happy to be engaged. It's just...perfect. More than I could've ever imagined, and I am so beyond thankful."

Dr. Esa beamed, "I am truly so overjoyed at how much you feel that you've grown over the years. You're an astounding person Faye, I'm so happy for you. Your bravery and dedication to your healing is so motivating to see."

She asked me a few more questions and we said our goodbyes.

I knew I would be seeing her less from now on; I wouldn't completely give up going to therapy, but I would decrease how I often I would be seeing Dr. Esa.

I walked out of her office; brushing some lint off of my straight, grey denim jeans. I had paired that with one of Reece's soft white sweaters. I also tied a patterned silk scarf in my hair.

I happily stood in the elevator, knowing that I would see my Reecie in a few minutes.

Just the thought of seeing my handsome man had me feeling giddy.

He had to finalize a work thing at the crack of dawn this morning, and I only had the time to sleepily give him a squish and small kiss.

Tai picked me up later this morning, and we went to get breakfast to catch-up because he and I had been so busy with school and work. Jerryl had also surprised me when he tagged along with Tai, so the three of us had a wonderful time before my session with Dr. Esa.

The lights of the elevator reflected off of my engagement ring, and my heart warmed.

It had been a few weeks since Ares proposed to me, and within those weeks, a lot had happened.

I had finished my finals and graduated from University with my degree.  I had finished top ten in my program, and I truly couldn't believe it. Reece didn't go a day without telling me how proud he was of me, and how smart I was.

I had also gotten into my specialization program for psychotherapy, and I was beyond excited to start it.

Reece had planned a small graduation party for me, the moment that Grams landed back here.

It was just Uncle Syl, Grams, Reece and I, and it was the sweetest thing ever. He got balloons and a cake and cooked for everyone.

As if I had thought he couldn't get any more perfect, he surprised me a few days later with a tiny photoshoot on campus in my cap and gown. I was too nervous to go to Grad with all of the people, and he had chosen a secluded part of the campus on a quiet day, just so I could get pictures with my certificate and cap.