bonus: from him (III)

b o n u s

♡♡♡

[watch for the breaks between chapters]

♡♡♡

Aresius' POV

chapter 20 : stormy-eyed saviour

"It doesn't matter, um I a-am sorry that y-you had to help me, I didn't know you would be there I promise," she looked down at her lap when she finished and all of the relief at her waking up twisted into fiery anger at myself.

I couldn't find the right words to say what I wanted to say.

I was ashamed at myself for losing control and hurting her.

I was ashamed that I was too cowardly to go to her sooner.

I was struggling, I knew that, but I broke her trust. It wasn't fair to her that I had chosen to let my emotions build up to the point that I took it out on her.

When she had approached me, asking what was wrong, asking if I was okay, it was the catalyst that had broken the tightly wound strings holding me together.

She deserved the greatest of things, but I was afraid.

I needed to apologize to her; show her that I recognized my mistakes. I had to tell her that I was entirely responsible, that it was my fault.

I was still afraid, but I knew I had a decision to make now.

Would I allow myself to drown?

Or, would I let myself swim up to the surface and see the sun?

chapter 22 : the morning after

I practically flew downstairs, almost breaking my neck in the process when I didn't see her upstairs after showering.

My breath caught in my throat and I came to an abrupt stop when I saw her sitting on the kitchen counter.

She looked beautiful.

She always looked beautiful.

Under her spell, I slowly walked over to her, seeing her eyes widen as I approached her.

I came to a stop in between her legs, the strawberry in her hand falling back into the bowl.

Her chest rose and fell in synch with mine as we stared at each other.

I swallowed, my throat beyond dry, and brought my hand up to cup her jaw.

She took my breath away.

My calloused thumb brushed against her soft lips and I heard a small gasp as she took a breath in.

Alette Faye had consumed my whole being.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I wanted to show her.

I wanted her to know.

With a dazed breath, I began leaning in just as she did the same.

I closed my eyes, letting all of my worries go.

I had fallen hard.

And it was the greatest feeling in the world.

chapter 23 : never been better

I hadn't ever experienced anything close to what I was experiencing at this moment in time.

When our lips touch, I felt as though the world around us had ceased to exist.