bonus: grown in the sun

b o n u s

♡♡♡

[watch for time stamps]

♡♡♡

5 weeks along

Ares pushed the last box to the side, closing the front door of the house and locking it.

"Dinner time Reecie?" Alette asked, holding Carino in her arms.

He nodded, "Sit down darling, I'll warm it up," he said.

She raised a brow, letting Carino jump out of her arms.

"You need to rest, Alette," he said, his tone strict.

She laughed, walking up to him and wrapping her arms around his waist, "I'm barely a month along my love, I think I can warm up some dinner."

He looked apprehensive, so she leaned up, placing her hand on the back of his neck so that she could kiss him.

"I'm perfectly fine Ares, I promise," she said, and then, just so that he would believe her, she stuck out her pinky finger.

His face broke into a smile as he linked his finger with hers.

"Let's get some dinner baby," he said lowly, kissing her atop her head.

They walked to their kitchen and opened the mostly empty fridge to grab the food that Grams had made them.

They had only moved in a few days ago, spending the last two weeks packing up and bringing everything to their new place.

There was very little furniture in the new place, and their family had been dropping off food so that they didn't have to worry about cooking.

"What did Grams make?" Alette asked Ares as he took the lids off of the containers.

"All my favourites," he replied, giving her a smirk.

She narrowed her eyes, "Favouritism," she huffed playfully.

He chuckled, leaning down to kiss her; the two worked in tandem to warm up dinner and then they walked with their plates to sit down on the makeshift table and chair they had.

Before Alette could sit down, Ares pulled her onto his lap.

She meant to give him a stern look, but her face softened when she saw his eyes on her stomach.

"I still can't believe it," he said, his voice quiet and filled with awe.

Alette placed her hand on his, "Are you...are you still feeling okay with it?"

Her voce had a hint of uncertainty; she had told him two weeks ago, and he had been very happy at the time, but she wondered if he felt differently now that it had sunk in a little.

His eyes flitted up from her stomach and matched hers. He cupped her face, gently placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I am..." he swallowed, "So beyond happy, I can't even begin to explain it," his eyes were light, a small smile on his face.

Her shoulders sagged in relief, and she cuddled even closer to him.

He picked up his plate of food, loading up his spoon and giving her the first bite.

"Are you okay? Your centre just opened up and you were so excited for it," he stated solemnly, "You'll have to take a step back."

She chewed, swallowing before she cleared her throat, "We didn't really plan anything that happened to us Reecie. It all kind of...fell into place as we went. I know I'm young, but honestly," she bit her lip, trying to stifle her grin, "I am so excited. I can work for a few months, and then I'll take my leave and work from home. Perks of being the boss," she wiggled her brows.