𝘰𝘯𝘦 !

saturday 18:33
📍y/n's house

Y/N SITS AT HER DESK, finishing up her homework for the night when she jumps in surprise at her bedroom door bursting open.

in barges her best friend, who makes a beeline toward her and scoops her up, throwing her over his shoulder. with her pencil still in her hand, he grabs a pair of random shoes from her closet before leaving the room.

"tsumu? what're you-"

"hey there y/n! how's the view down there?" atsumu smirks, holding her legs.

she reaches up and pinches his ass, making him yelp.

"ow! what the-"

"what the hell are you doing?" she asks, as he descends the stairs, still not letting her down.

"we're goin' to the movies!"

"and you felt the need to abduct me instead of just asking? you know i'll say yes you fucking idiot!" she chuckles.

"i wanted it to be a surprise fuckass!" he responds.

"i just love when he calls me cute pet names," y/n grins, her voice laced with sarcasm as she dramatically fans her face, which is still right by atsumu's ass.

the two best friends start cracking up as atsumu locks the front door.

he opens the door to his car, not-so-gently throwing his best friend into the passenger seat, before throwing her flip flops at her and closing the door.

she flips him off through the window and he gives her a shit-eating grin as he rounds the front of the car and enters to his side, starting the car and driving away.

y/n goes to put her shoes on, but finds that the flip flops are broken.

"tsumu! these fuckin' flip flops are broken! why the hell would you grab these?"

he just laughs. "they were the first thing i saw, guess you'll just have to go barefoot."

she grumbles, smacking him in the back of the head with her broken flip flops.

"so, what movie are we seeing then, bitch," y/n says, turning her attention back to the road in front of her.

"actually i don't know yet! i figured maybe you'd help me choose," he takes one hand off of the wheel, ruffling her hair and chuckling at her death glare.

"you fuckface, you decided to surprise me and you don't even know what movie we're watching? what if there's no tickets available? what if there's no good movie starting when we get there?" y/n teases, acting dramatic. they both crack up.

"would you stop being so dramatic dickhead? swear, instead of the movies i could just listen to you talk about your life," he jokes.

"would you shut the hell up!"

the two best friends continue their banter all the way until they get to the theater.

Y/N AND ATSUMU have been best friends ever since grade school, when he saw her fall off the swing and eat shit on the mulch. he decided to help her with her bloody nose—well, not before laughing first—and they were each other's first friends in school.

they practically live at each other's houses, they have keys for one another's homes and always show up unannounced to hang out.

they've been through everything together, and they go to each other and confide in each other for everything.

there is no one that knows y/n like atsumu does, and no one—not even his twin—that knows atsumu like y/n does.

they share everything about themselves to one another. well, y/n does, but there's one huge secret that atsumu's been keeping from her for the past 5 months.

he's in love with her.

WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT THE THEATER, y/n steps out of the car, forgetting she doesn't have any shoes.

"oh my god, i am NOT walking in there barefoot!" she whines, and atsumu opens his trunk to find his volleyball bag.

he shuts the trunk back up and throws a pair of slides at her, which she catches, and looks at them, before slowly looking back up at him.

"bitch, these are huge! i'm gonna look like a clown!" she laughs, putting them on. they both burst out laughing as she tries to walk in the shoes that seem 10 sizes too big.

"you're walking like a duck!" atsumu says between laughs, pulling his phone out and taking photos and videos of her.

"hey stop! no photos!" she says, trying to block her face as she tries not to laugh.

the two walk up to the ticket booth—well, y/n waddles up—in a fit of giggles and buy tickets for some random movie they've never heard of before heading inside.

"so, what's yuji up to today?" atsumu asks, not really caring about the answer.

MORINE YUJI. a second year at another school in their prefecture. y/n's (first) boyfriend of 5 months. despised by atsumu.

Y/N SHAKES HER HEAD. "oh, actually i'm not sure... he hasn't texted me back since yesterday after school," she sighs.

atsumu furrows his brows. "really? what the hell?" he doesn't even attempt to hide his distaste for the guy. y/n knows he doesn't like yuji, and she understands why, but she never seems to have the heart to break up with him.

"um yeah, i mean i would text him again because maybe he saw it but forgot to respond, but i don't want him to get mad at me for being clingy again," she says, which makes atsumu even more angry.

"y/n. you have to realize that yuji is NOT good for you. he's so toxic. you shouldn't have to worry about him getting angry at you for something as small as double texting and worrying about him when he hasn't responded in a DAY."

"tsumu, i know, but i can't just break-"

"y/n, you can. someone else can treat you so much better than he can." atsumu softly says, a twinge of sadness in his voice which he didn't mean to express.

'i could treat you so much better' he thinks but wouldn't dare say it out loud.

"but atsumu, it's not that easy." y/n narrows her eyes, running a hand through her hair.

"oh, but it is. y/n, if ya want to, then you can. there's nothing stopping you. so the question is: do ya want to break up with him or no?"

"well, yes, but-"

"then do it. i'll be there for you. i always am. now let's find our seats, dipshit."