𝘵𝘦𝘯 !

FEELINGS ARE NEVER EASY, especially for someone like y/n, who's only ever had them for two people (although one might argue that her 'feelings' for her only ex-boyfriend weren't real and were only there in spite of her deeply-ingrained true feelings for her best friend, which were there but undiscovered).

a lack of experience in the romance department makes this situation tough. how does one go about confessing? and then after that, what happens?

y/n likes to think of her only relationship—the one with yuji—as a fake one. like those elementary ones, where the boy chases the girl, and they start 'dating,' but never actually go on dates or do anything. maybe there will be some hugs and kisses, and everyone knows they're together, but it's more for show than it is an actual relationship.

and that's exactly how y/n and yuji were. they met at his place of work, she had ordered a (favorite flavor) boba for herself and sat down at a table in the cafe to wait for her history project partner, working on her part of the project alone.

yuji was the one who made the drink, and handed it to the girl. when he first saw her, he knew he wanted her to be his. he thought she was gorgeous, and she looked kind. he hadn't seen anyone like her, there was no one like her at his own school.

maybe it was out of pure arrogance and selfishness that he wanted to pursue her. he knew that if everyone saw that he was dating a girl that beautiful that he might become more popular at his own school.

and so, he pursued y/n. he approached the lone girl and asked for her number, to which she hesitated.

"no, thank you," is what she said at first.

he didn't bother her again that day. but after she got stood up by her partner (who had a family emergency), y/n had arrived at the boba shop again two days later with her to work on the project, together this time.

yuji was working that day, and y/n awkwardly thanked him for her drink. if it was up to her, she wouldn't have returned to that shop after having to reject the worker the first time. but, her partner really wanted to try it and so they returned.

she wore a t shirt with a character from her favorite anime on it that day. yuji noticed, and, desperately grasping for a way to strike up a conversation, approached her table when her friend was in the restroom and pointed out that he loved that anime (although he had never even seen it).

her pretty face lit up and she started talking about her favorite character, he only nodded along. when asked about his own favorite, he just repeated the same thing she said, in slightly different wording.

y/n couldn't see past his lie, although not many would have been able to. he's a good liar after all.

and, after that, they exchanged numbers.

he pursued her until she finally gave in and gave him a chance.

and he definitely did get more popular at his own school.

and she soon realized he wasn't the same person as the guy who pursued her.

and around that time, atsumu realized his feelings for the girl. but it was too late.

and she was in too deep. she was too nice to break up with him without a reason. not when he told her he loved her more than anything.

she suspected he was a liar, but didn't have any proof—he had slightly changed, he was different from the friendly boy who talked with her about her favorite anime. but, being the naive and too-kind-for-her-own-good person she is, she stayed with the boy who she would like less and less by the day.

and so it went on for five months until she finally found a real reason to leave.