𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 !

saturday 23:31
📍 y/n's house

Y/N STANDS NEXT TO ATSUMU, her hands on her hips as she takes a look around her reorganized bedroom.  her desk and dresser are moved to the other side of the room by the door, leaving the area by the closet and bathroom doors more open, and atsumu had helped her take down the bunk over top of her bed. the television remains in the same place in the middle of the wall parallel the one that her bed's headboard rests against.

"do you like it?" he asks, placing his hands on her shoulders and moving behind her.

she nods, "yeah, i do! it feels so much less empty in here, thank you tsumu."

the girl turns around and wraps her arms around her best friend's waist, burying her face into his chest.  atsumu holds her close, softly rubbing her back as he places his head on top of hers. his heart pounds.

he wanted to just say it right then and there: i love you.

but instead he says, "i'm glad you feel a little better, n/n. are you tired, wanna get some sleep?"

she nods her head, letting go of atsumu and taking another look at her bedroom. it looks as if there was never another person living in it; it feels quite a lot more spacious as y/n's and mai's parents gave them the master bedroom since they had to share, and their parents aren't home often anyway.

pulling back the covers and placing her throw pillows on the floor beside her bed, y/n gets into bed, followed by atsumu shortly after. it isn't weird for the two best friends to sleep in the same bed; they've grown up doing it and it would be weird if they didn't share a bed when they slept at each other's houses or in the same room at a sleepover.

y/n snuggles into atsumu, muttering a goodnight and instantly falling asleep, feeling comfortable in atsumu's arms as exhaustion takes over.

"goodnight, y/n," atsumu softly says when he hears faint snores from the girl.  he places a soft kiss on her forehead and turns off the lamp next to him, darkness filling the entire room as he tries to calm his rapidly beating heart and finally fall asleep.

THE NEXT MORNING, y/n wakes first, and checks her phone for a reply from her boyfriend.

she sighs. none.

it's not like he hasn't done this before.

she reads through the rest of her notifications, and one sticks out to her.

unknown

today 03:56

[attachment: 3 images, 1 video]
hey, you don't know who i am
but i thought you might want
to see these. your boyfriend is
an awful person.

y/n stares at her phone in shock, her heart breaking as she studies the three photos. the first is an image of her boyfriend kissing a girl at a party, the next of him kissing a different girl, and the third of him holding yet another girl's hand and seemingly leading her up the stairs of the house they were in.

next, y/n clicks on the video.  it's short, but it's enough to make her head spin.  her own boyfriend is forcing himself onto the second girl from the photos, kissing her neck and face while she tries to push him away. a guy holding a red cup with who knows what inside steps in and pulls him off, throwing a punch at him and then helping the poor girl.

a tear runs down her cheek.  he told her he was still a virgin, he would wait until she was ready, and meanwhile, he's fucking other girls at random parties?

but really, y/n isn't so upset about her boyfriend cheating. he seemed really suspicious as of recent anyways and while it was a surprise, it wasn't as big of a shock as she expected it to be.  what she hates more is herself. for not being able to stand up to him and leave him, and for wasting five months of her life not being treated the way she should be.

she feels like the poor girl in the video who couldn't get away from him. every time she tried, she could never follow through. he doesn't have the best home life and would always manipulate her into staying, guilting her and using her empathy to his advantage.

with a sigh, y/n places her phone back onto the nightstand, and wipes a tear from under her eye. she softly sniffles, laying back down next to atsumu and letting her tears fall.

atsumu soon wakes up, hearing his best friend's sniffles.  his eyes flutter open and he sees y/n's eyes are puffy and red, and her face is covered with tears she never wiped off.

"y/n, what happened? why are you crying? what's wrong?" he says, his voice laced with worry.

"oh, good morning tsumu," she sniffles. "i didn't mean to wake you, i'm sor-"

he cuts her off. "that doesn't matter. what's wrong?"

y/n doesn't reply but grabs her phone from her nightstand and pulls up the texts from the unknown number, shoving the phone into his hands as he scrolls through the photos and eventually watches the video. as the video ends, a look of disgust, rage, and pain forms on his face as he clenches his fist, locking the phone and handing it back to her.

he sits, up, pulling her up with him to sit against the headboard. he softly places a hand on her chin and turns her head to look at him, while wiping her tears with his thumb.

"dump him. today, y/n. if i don't kill him first."