• chapter thirty four (3)

harry and addy knew that Hermione had meant well, but that didn't stop harry from being angry with her.

addy had no problem, she was the best chaser hogworts had seen in years no matter which broom she had. she could charm one from a cleaning cupboard and she'd still be better at catching the quaffle then most of the chasers in the school.

in harrys head, he had been the owner of the best broom in the world for a few short hours, and now, because of her interference, he didn't know whether he would ever see it again.

He was positive that there was nothing wrong with the Firebolt now, but what sort of state would it be in once it had been subjected to all sorts of anti-jinx tests? would it be all ruined? all messed up and split? would addy think it's unattractive to have a broom that's all chopped up? will addy be impressed? would addy think i'm a weirdo on my old broom? would addy still like me? would addy date me?

Ron was furious with Hermione too. As far as he was concerned, the stripping-down of a brand-new Firebolt was nothing less than criminal damage. Hermione, who remained convinced that she had acted for the best, started avoiding the common room. Harry and Ron supposed she had taken refuge in the library and didn't try to persuade her to come back whilst addy was always in the corner somewhere when the drama started so she 'didn't miss the tea' as she called it

All in all, they were glad when the rest of the school returned shortly after New Year, and Gryffindor Tower became crowded and noisy again. Wood sought Harry out on the night before term started.

"Had a good Christmas?" he said, and then, without waiting for an answer, he sat down, lowered his voice, and said, "I've been, doing some thinking over Christmas, Harry. After last match, you know. If the Dementors come to the next one...I mean...we can't afford you to -- well --" Wood broke off, looking awkward.

"die" addy snorted "oliver honestly we wouldn't have enough time to throw a party before he somehow comes back to life and then nearly dies again"

"I'm working on it," said Harry quickly ignoring addy "Professor Lupin said he'd train me to ward off the Dementors. We should be starting this week. He said he'd have time after Christmas."

"the patronus charm? that's a cool one that is, already mastered it myself but well i am addy bloody weasley, what haven't i mastered" she flicked her hair

"wha- how" harry stuttered

"my family hate me, so i stayed with dumbles and you learn a lot from the old bat" she shrugged "anywayyy oliver is standing there like a awkard little pickle in a cucumber jar so imma let him talk" addy trailed off

"Ah," said Wood, his expression clearing. "thanks addy i think? Well, in that case -- I really didn't want to lose you as Seeker, Harry. And have you ordered a new broom yet?"

"No," said Harry.

"What! You'd better get a move on, you know -- you can't ride that Shooting Star against Ravenclaw!"

"how would he get a star-" addy stared to make a joke before 3 glared were made from her twin, harry and oliver "okayyy"

"He got a Firebolt for Christmas," said Ron.

"A Firebolt? No! Seriously? A -- a real Firebolt?"

"yeah he did, lucky git" addy mumbled

"Don't get excited, Oliver," said Harry gloomily. "I haven't got it anymore. It was confiscated." And he explained all about how the Firebolt was now being checked for jinxes.

"Jinxed? How could it be jinxed?"

"well you have a wand which you flick around like a pencil and say some weird latin words which create some magic inside befor shooting it out-" she sarcastic started before harry interrupted her