Chapter 2

I woke up in a hospital bed, with a text window in front of me.

[Name: Tanaka Mizuki]
[Job: None]
[Titles: "S Rank Hunter"]
[Level: 50]

[Skills: Intermediate Scythe User, Blade of Shadows, Dance of the Blade]
[Strength: 83]
[Agility: 124]
[Vitality: 71]
[Intelligence: 108]
[Perception: 92]
[Additional Skill Points: 0]

Level 50? Not Level 1? Maybe an E Rank would start at level 1, a D Rank 10, a C Rank 20, a B Rank 30 and so on.

Wait a second.

I was so engrossed in the stat window I forgot.

How did I get here?

As if to answer my question, the door to my room opened and Goto Ryuji came in, I'm going to get called weak again aren't I. I lost consciousness in D Rank dungeon, of course I would be.

"What the hell happened in there?"

His rough voice asked in a demanding tone, did he know about the double dungeon?

"A double dungeon, maybe a high A Rank dungeon, I got my ass handed to me, I don't know how I survived."

I looked straight into his eyes, trying to find some sign of sympathy or anything of the sort. But I couldn't find anything, I really wish that this guy would care for this hunters for once.

"I heard what happened in there from the other raid members, if it truly was a higher A Rank dungeon, I suspect a reawakening, but there is no way to test that for an S Rank hunter through standard means."

"Your point is?"

"I'll test you, get up."

Of course he will, I'm going to get my ass handed to me again, just after getting it kicked by a giant statue.

Two hours later, I reached the Draw Sword gym, I needed to get a new scythe. A 2000000¥ well spent, made of pure magic crystal, enhanced by a high A Rank hunter from America. Well, a drawback is my bank account is near empty.

[Name: Yurias' Dream]
Rank: A
Type: Scythe
Attack +300
Crafted out of the highest quality of magic crystals, enhanced by the best A Rank Support Hunter in America, Christopher Liew.

The system had its own store but I'm broke in there, money fixes many problems, doesn't it?

"Ready yourself." Goto commanded, drawing his blade, magical energy flowing out if it. This blade had so much magical energy put into it I felt like it took all of my energy to stand in its presence.

I summoned my scythe out of the inventory, Goto had a temporary look of surprise but he quickly regained his composure.

"Spatial Magic? Didn't know you were capable of that."

I stayed silent and entered my stance, preparing myself for Goto's rush of attacks. I blinked, then Goto disappeared.

I instinctively guarded left, and his blade clanged against the stem of the scythe. I knew he was going to hit there, after all, I've seen him fight before.

"Blade of Shadows." I muttered, the blade of the scythe turned purple, Goto backed up, probably sensing danger.

"This is the secret weapon I saved for fighting you, please see the progress I have made."

[Skill Name: Blade of Shadows]
[COST: 100MP]
Increases strength and sharpness of the blade by 300%, costs 50MP per second after activation.
Maximum MP: 3000.

"Come at me."

I quickly closed the distance between us. Goto poured even more magical energy into his blade to match the amount in mine.

Goto was fast.

Too fast.

I quickly swapped from being on the offensive to the defensive. He knows how I fight after all, he oversaw my training.

The reason why my style was so strong offensively in one on ones is that my footwork was unpredictable, applying to this defensively is near impossible for me given where I am now.

I finally saw an opening in Goto's relentless barrage of attacks. I kept my feet firmly on the ground and tried my trademark attack.

I swung my scythe, Goto dodged it. Then, I rotated my foot 90 degrees, using the momentum to whirl my body with all my speed to land another strike, Goto blocked it with his blade. Then, the final strike.

I went into a defensive stance, baiting Goto into coming in, any experienced fighter would see this as an opening and Goto was no exception. I felt Blade of Shadows deactivate, but I committed too much to this, and I had to see it through to the end.

Goto swung, too fast for me to react.

"It's my win."

His blade was pointed at my throat, if this was a real fight, I would already be dead.

"Impressive, you didn't gain any magical power, so it isn't a reawakening, but this fight was all technique, for once, you made me work out a sweat." He said as he sheathed his sword.

[Level Up!]

A stat window appeared in front of me. But I ignored it because I'm positive Goto can't see it.

"I'm honored to receive such praise from you." I said, bowing my head. If he had such a system, what level would he be? 80? 90? 100?

I don't know, but where I am now, I'd never beat him.

Though, this ability that I have been given is too much, the ability to continuously grow.

One day, I might even be stronger than Goto Ryuji.
_________________________________________
I went back into my room, tired as ever. I laid down on my bed.

[You have a new message]
Welcome, Player, [Unread]
[Daily Quest: [Prepare to Be Strong] has arrived]

Goals:
Push Ups [0/100]
Curl Ups [0/100]
Squats [0/100]
Running [0/20km]

If you fail to finish the daily quest, a penalty will be given.

Ughhh I'm so tired do I have to though?

"Moooom if Goto-san were to tell me to do exercises when I'm tired what do I doooooo!" I shouted at the door.

My mother, Tanaka Mai, opened the door, and just said, "He's asking for you to do it for a reason, yes? So do it."

"Fineeee."

I finished the 20km first, I've been running every day since I became awakened anyways, 20km for me might as well be 50 metres for the average human.

I finished the rest at home in about an hour.

Rewards
[Status Recovery]
[Stat Points +3]
[Random Box]

"Accept Status Recovery."

My body reverted back to before I was working out, this felt as if I never worked out at all.

The stat points I received I put into strength, I needed to have more power behind my strikes.

The box opened up and it had a key inside, the description read:

Dungeon Key
Item Class: B
Type: Key
A key that allows you to create an instant dungeon, You may use this on the west entrance of Shinjuku Station

A B Rank dungeon.

Even for an S Rank, B Ranked Dungeons are a pain to clear. My specialty is for fighting one on one, if this has swarms of enemies, I'd probably be in trouble.

I walked over to Shinjuku Station, and used the key
[You have entered the Instant Dungeon]

It is 10am and I haven't slept yet help anyways chapter done wooooo