Chapter 18

As of 13 of July 2021, this goes past the manwha, proceed with caution

I was woken up by countless screams coming from outside, I didn't even need to leave to know that the gate opened. The magical energy radiating from the outside was so powerful that I didn't know what to compare it to, there were two figures with power equal to or maybe even stronger than the Sovereign of Beastly Fangs, I sensed a third one, probably the Sovereign of Beastly Fangs, clashing against some sort of brilliant golden light, I didn't know what was happening, but the one cloaked in golden light was going to lose, no doubt about it.

I walked out of the room and looked at the scene that was caused by my own clash with the Sovereign. I wished that the blood would just disappear, I wanted this damned nightmare to end already, when can I go back to clearing dungeons with ease? When can I go back to just playing video games on my computer with my friends abroad?

I let out a heavy sigh and used Ruler's Hands to drag myself to the scene, I could sense the looks of the ones fleeing from the scene, but I didn't care, I'm either going to die here, or I'm going to save a life, possibly both. I don't exactly care about which outcome I get, I just want this to be done with.

My weapon appeared next to me after a white flash, the bloodied body of Thomas Andre was next to me, Lennard Niermann was standing in front of it, trying to protect him. This act caught the attention of both Lennard and the Sovereigns.

One was a lady in some sort of plant, the System informed me her name was Querehsha, the Sovereign of Plagues, the Queen of Insects, another was an ice elf, whose name was simply Sovereign of the Frost, and the King of Snowfolk, and of course, the Sovereign of Beastly Fangs.

I slowly walked up to the three Sovereigns with my head down low, of course, I was taught this, no matter how I feel, I must fight to my best ability, this was nothing but a bait. The Sovereign of Beastly Fangs charged first, I dodged his first strike, knocking aside his second and clashing head on with the third, already I was doing better than our first interaction, why is that?

"Stand back, Sovereigns, this fake's mine!" The Sovereign of Beastly Fangs declared, a large shadow appeared behind Lennard, and Jin Woo emerged from it, he took one look at the situation and already knew what was going on, he summoned the entirety of his army, an impressive display no other hunter in the world could match, but they were immediately encased within cages of ice.

Jin Woo engaged the Sovereign of the Frost alone, Querehsha backed up her ally with the battle he was fighting, Jin Woo was already holding his own against two Sovereigns, when I get stomped by a single one, I truly am weak, huh.

The words "Don't think, only feel, the path will open up before you. Your world is darkness, and there is only one path in the world you live in, in front of you, your enemy waits. You have to fight it, no distractions, only you and your opponent in this small, dark world, there is no other meaning to this world."

The words of my master were playing over and over, I needed to get rid of my surroundings, ignore Jin Woo, ignore the stakes, ignore everything, I only had to fight, stand up to this enemy and defeat him.

Swing your scythe, even if your arms hurt, keep swinging, death isn't what I'm staking on this battle, the fate of my family, of Kyoko, of Mom, both of them have been supporting my job since I awakened, they didn't ask or object. I need to live to see my father again, how dare he disappear like that one day. I need to kill the opposing Sovereign, I need to protect my family, my friends and my country. If I fall here, not only Korea would fall, Japan would too, and the whole world will follow.

Small cuts were already starting to appear on my body, my legs, my arms, my face and my chest, every single cut stung a little, but I pressed on, if I died here, Thomas Andre, Lennard Niermann and possibly Sung Jin Woo would all die.

I dashed from side to side, my legs hurt with every stride but I searched for his weak points. Every single time the blade of my scythe hit his body, it clanked off his skin and the white flames did nothing but annoy him.

The fires burned the bodies around us. It was unfortunate that the families of the dead wouldn't see their relative's bodies, but I had to, it was taking my full strength to defend against the onslaught that my enemy was throwing at me.

I slammed my feet into the ground, a tremor being sent in every direction, the opposing Sovereign, he leapt forward to confront me once again. I had to kill him now, if I don't all of us are dead. I blocked every strike at a perfect 45 degree angle, storing the force into the scythe through magical energy.

I swung it with my full remaining strength when he stopped his attacks, but at the end a crack sound was heard. I looked to my side and my scythe was breaking apart, cracks along the hilt and blade. I dropped it and prepared to fight hand on hand, but I looked forward and saw the last sight I ever would, his hand gripped onto my head, and it was crushed, in the end, I didn't kill him, at least Thomas and Lennard made it out.

Did I have regrets? Of course, I'm 16, I had a long life ahead of me, yet I threw it away at this age. I haven't experienced love, the happiness of being blessed with a child, not anything. Why are these Sovereigns attacking us? Why Earth? I have a life ahead of me, why not attack an uninhabited planet?

It doesn't matter, I truly died, didn't I?

ahahahahha hello everyone, I'm done with another chapter. Thanks for the votes guys