Chapter 11

Its wings turned into stone arms. It aimed for the attacker, Sung Jin Woo, first. He just barely blocked the strike with his hands, but he was still launched into the wall. I used Ruler's Hands to bring back my Scythe into my hands, I swung it, imbued with the power of the White Flames.

The lighting hit the Administrator but he shook it off in a matter of seconds and charged me, Jin Woo pounced once more just to be met by a backhand from the admin, he held on to the hand and kept trying to punch through it.

I narrowly blocked every single one of the strikes the Admin did to me, I was pushed back every time he hit a strike, but I held on.

I ran back and activated Ruler's Hands to attempt a long ranged attack, but it was quickly nullified by a similar unseen force. Jin Woo managed to land a solid strength on his face, but he was punched into the corner once again.

Axe, Sword, Spear and Hammer, against a small Scythe.

"Scythe Art of Rejuvenation: Final Form."

I kept my feet on the ground, preparing the strongest attack I knew.

"Supersonic Slash: Decay Variation."

He charged, this move was a defensive move, responding to the attacks the opponent makes. The secret to this move, unlike the previous forms, isn't in the footwork for the most part. It was in the angle of the strikes, I blocked every attack at a perfect 45 degree angle. I used magical energy to store the energy from the strikes in the scythe.

I rotated my foot 85 degrees and spun, using all the momentum I could get into the strongest attack I did in my entire life.

"DIE!" I shouted, as if on cue, Jin Woo jumped behind the administrator, his daggers appearing behind him and we both hit him at the same time.

"...I have lost."

"You better hold up on your side of the promise." I demanded in front of his face, Jin Woo nodded behind me, in silent agreement.

"Of course, the answer lies within you two, now, be reborn as a new King."

[Player memory playback will now begin]

I was in a spectral body, as if I was a ghost. I looked down and saw a horde of monsters, Giants, Ice Elves, Nagas and more. They looked at the skies as if they were awaiting some sort of attack, I looked up myself and saw multiple gates appear, they looked like they were S Ranked each, could anyone on Earth even clear those? I felt even Sung Jin Woo and I couldn't clear them together.

The gate opened, and angels came out of it, the air was filled with sounds of death and blood. I saw a lone demon kill the angels with wave after wave of lightning, he had my abilities so I assumed that he was the original Sovereign of White Flames, but amplified a thousand times stronger.

Then I heard a single word in the midst of all the chaos.

"Rise Up."

Purple shadows emerged from the corpses of the monsters, I looked in the distance and saw a lone soldier on a horse made of shadow. He had the same powers as Sung Jin Woo. It activated the skills Domain of the Monarch and Shadow Extraction.

The battle that was supposed to be a stomp for the angels quickly turned into a devastating loss, a single person changed the tide of the battle in a matter of minutes. The demon continued killing, not caring about friendly fire.

Time sped up until the war ended, then, the monsters turned on each other, the purple shadows against the monsters. Jin Woo would have been overwhelmed a long time ago if this were him.

"We could have ended the fighting." The shadow sovereign said to the sovereign of white flames. He laughed, spitting nonsense even I couldn't understand, and ultimately, got his head crushed by the opposing sovereign. Angels descended from the skies, and the vision ended.

[You have obtained the 'Heart of White Flames']

You have regained the memories of 'Shadow Sovereign, Ashborn' killing 'Sovereign of White Flames, Baran'

Immense power has accepted you as its owner.

[Mana +80 000]

[Total Mana: 87 364]

I awoke to a sight of the Architect fighting Cha Hae In, though calling it that was generous, it was a stomp.

"What the hell did you do to our bodies?" Jin Woo silently asked as he punched the Architect in the face, crumbling the stone like it was normal stones. I let Jin Woo handle the Architect, I killed all the statues, saving the raid team.

Jin Woo's [Dagger Rush] destroyed the body of the Architect with ease, his tough exterior being destroyed like it was butter.

"A prophecy...when the heavens start breaking, all Sovereigns on the side of humanity will die a painful death, so painful that it could be called hell on Earth."

The Architect's voice boomed, filling the room with a final cry that seemed to hold immense truth to it.

We left the dungeon, Hae In leaning on my shoulder and Jong In stumbling every couple of steps.

"What the hell happened in that C Rank dungeon that made the elites leave in that condition?" One of the people shouted with a confused expression on his face, Jin Woo and I went our separate ways to our homes, but a sudden wave of exhaustion washed in front of me, Jin Woo fell first. "I...probably need to take a nap."

The cold grassy floor never felt so heavenly. After everything in recent times that has happened, this may as well be heaven on earth, forget the prophecy of dying in hellish pain, I'm happy in the moment, and that's all that counts.

"oi!" I heard a voice say in the endless darkness that I was in, it was the same demon that was killed by the hands of the Shadow Sovereign, the Sovereign of White Flames, Baran.

"I'm going to kill that bitch Ashborn in the afterlife, but I've taken a liking to you for now, so wake up, the gate in that land of yours that you favour has already broken apart." Baran said, his voice sounded rough, like knives scratching on stone, but I willed myself to wake up.

Hae In was by my side, I didn't know how long it has been, but she has already been fully recovered. She looked up at me as I awoke, I was in a hospital bed, my pulse on the heart monitor seemed abnormally low, but I didn't care.

I tried standing up but I was immediately hit by a storm of fatigue. "Don't try to get up." Hae In said to me, she seemed to be trying to hide something. "What's the situation in Japan?" I asked her.

"Well..."

She explained to me what happened.

"I'll be known as one who cleared an S Rank Gate all on his own!" Russian S Rank Yuri Orlov exclaimed after drinking a bottle of alcohol. He finally finished a barrier that could hold S Rank Hunters easily, who would think an S Rank Dungeon would be much different?

"T-the gate is opening!"

Author-san here again. I didn't know what to do there, there actually were 3 different drafts before this, all bringing the story to different directions.

Anyways thanks aaaaaaa