Chapter 3

Immediately when I walked in the Dungeon, I smelt a strong, rotten stench, as if I walked into a fish market full of ten year old fish, this meant only one thing.

Undead.

Undead were creatures that are hard to injure, even harder to kill, you can never let your guard down.

[Undead Zombie Level 30]

The name was in orange, I guess orange meant moderate difficulty, if this was the average, I was going to have a harder time than expected.

A wave of more undead appeared behind it, some level 20, whose names were in white, but most were level 25 to 30.

"Let the fun begin, shall we?"

I targeted the lower leveled ones first, I did the first three forms my master taught me, the ones I mastered over and over.

First Form: Rotating Slash

Second Form: Whirling Cyclone

Third Form: Absolute Counter

These three were the ones I attempted to use on Goto, they didn't work on him, but he was an S Rank hunter like me.

It worked on the undead like a charm, I activated Blade of Shadow at some point, making it a lot easier to kill the already dead monsters.

[Level Up!]

[Level Up!]

[Level Up!]

I put all the points I had in a 50/50 split between strength and agility.

Of course, against enemies that didn't know how to adapt to battles, such as these undead, they had no chance of winning. These three moves were made to compliment each other.

Rotating Slash is to expose the opponent's guard, when their guard is down, Whirling Cyclone, a single slash with high power would disorient them, making their attacks a lot weaker, then, Absolute Counter baits them into doing an attack in a weakened state, allowing me to defeat them.

This combo was called 'Dance of the Blade' by my master. He was a B Rank hunter, weaker than me by a lot, but he was even more skilled than any other person with the scythe I've ever met.

The boss room appeared before me, I was covered in sweat and green blood.

[Name: Tanaka Mizuki]

[Job: None]

[Titles: "S Rank Hunter"]

[Level: 55]

[Skills: Intermediate Scythe User, Blade of Shadows, Dance of the Blade]

[Strength: 91]

[Agility: 132]

[Vitality: 76]

[Intelligence: 113]

[Perception: 97]

[Additional Skill Points: 0]

Would I be able to handle an upper B Rank boss room all by myself? I don't know, but compared to those statues in the temple, it had to be nothing.

I entered the boss room, I was confronted by a Skull King, a monster as its name suggests, is made purely of bones that would give a party of lower to mid A Ranks a run for their money.

"A mere human dares to intrude into my territory?" Its voice rang out.

"I am not a mere human, good sir. S Rank hunter, ranked 16th strongest in Japan, though weakest S Rank in the world, nice to meet you." I teased with a bow and in a mocking voice, hoping to aggro it.

"You can understand, much less speak our language?" The monster asked.

"How fascinating, it seems I can." I replied nonchalantly, it seems like this is one of the perks of a system, I guess.

"You still shall pay for coming in here!" The monster shrieked, all the undead I killed stood back up, of course they did.

If I kill the source of the magic, they will go back to being dead.

I charged the Skull King, activating Blade of Shadow.

I easily ran through its attacks, it seems those points put into agility was put into good use. I swung my scythe into its head attempting to break it.

"!!"

"Foolish, I'm second to none when it comes to unbreakable skin!"

I hate these types of enemies, slashes don't exactly work against these. I put the scythe back into the inventory and tried hand-to-hand combat.

When I punched it in the head, I wasn't expecting the result that happened.

"W-what?" The monster spat.

Its skull started cracking, then, it started spreading to its body.

"Compared to those monsters, you're nothing."

My fist finally penetrated it's skull, I felt my skin break and blood flow out, but thanks to the adrenaline rushing through me I didn't feel any pain.

The monster's dying scream filled the blood filled halls of the dungeon. It hurt my ears being next to such a deafening sound.

"Huh? What's this?"

[You have met the requirements to take the Job Change Quest]

Will you take the quest?

Of course I will! I hit accept with no hesitation.

I found myself at a Gate I knew all too well, it was an A Rank gate in Osaka, it happened a year ago, I was stuck in there for a week without food or water. Eventually, I was saved by Goto Ryuji, but who knows what would have happened if I wasn't.

I heard ants coming in, an A Rank Insect-type Gate, it was the same as what it was a year ago.

I cut them down with relative ease, this gate's difficulty was not the strength of the monsters, it was the amount.

There was a huge horde of ants on the other side of the room charging in, each of then about B Rank in strength. I estimated maybe 100? 150? Around those numbers.

Scythe Arts: Fourth Form: Instant Kill.

The only move I knew that worked against gigantic hordes like these. Instant Kill was simple, though I haven't mastered it. I hit the ground at a certain point, causing a mini earthquake to happen, which in turn made the stalactites on the top of the cave drop down on the ant army, reducing its numbers significantly.

Now, there are about 70 left, I can do this.

I cut down the rest of them with relative ease, of course, to an average human, B Ranks were superhumans, but to them, an S Rank was a living calamity. B Ranks would be defeated in a nuclear blast, but I wouldn't.

The boss room was up ahead, what would it be? I didn't know.

[You have entered the boss room]

Hello, author-san here. Like usual, it is currently 4am in the morning when I am writing this.

Please send help and thank you for reading this