Chapter 6

An overwhelming defeat. He had a skill similar to my [Hands of the Ruler], his pure strength could nullify my job specific skill, Dominate.

How is he so strong? How long has he been a player?

"How long have you been a player?" I asked him, he looked around and noticed Atsushi in his enraged mode, he was going to hurt Hae In very badly.

Jin Woo and I moved at the same time. He used his pure strength to block his attack, and I used Dominate to paralyze his movement.

"You bitch!" Atsushi shouted, I Dominated his body further and twisted his arm behind his back. I felt beads of sweat go down my face.

"That's a little too much bloodlust." Jin Woo said with a smile, pinning Atsushi to the ground in a single strike, he was so fast I couldn't even follow it.

"God I hate using that." I told Jin Woo.

"This is weird, I don't understand a word of Japanese, how can I understand you?" Jin Woo asked me, his eyes seemed distant, as if he wasn't here.

"Probably the system, I do wonder what the other people are hearing."

As if to answer my question, Akari Shimizu came up and slapped me on the back. "Didn't know you spoke Korean, great job Mizuki!"

[Skill: Multilingualism]

[Type: Passive]

You may speak and understand any human language.

I saw Jin Woo have the same window appear in front of him. "Let's have a bit of a chat, shall we, Mizuki?" He invited me while holding up a hand for me to take.

"And you speak Japanese? I heard it's easy for Koreans but damn, you're more fluent than most people I know."

Goto Ryuji went up to Jin Woo and asked, "Hold it, will you have a one-on-one match with me?" Jin Woo accepted, with the condition that he'd have to go all out.

They took their stances, before Jin Woo finished saying the call to start, Goto Ryuji moved forward. Before, I couldn't even follow his movements with my eyes, but now he seemed a little...slow?

The one's movements that I couldn't follow was Jin Woo, he was so fast I couldn't even hear him move.

[WARNING! You sense someone with immense bloodlust in close proximity}

I saw it appear in front of Jin Woo, after a while, it appeared in front of me as well. He caught the Japanese hunter's attack aimed at his eye with two fingers. That's how strong he was?

I saw both of them power up even further. This could end badly, hunter Baek, Hae In, and Minoru went to stop their attacks with their hands, Kei summoned pillars of ice to hold them in place, and I used [Hands of the Ruler] to stop them in their tracks. Though it didn't work on Jin Woo, the rest of the others could stop his attack.

Goto looked at me in surprise, as if he knew it was me that used the unseen force to block his attack, I looked the other way, hunter Baek was lecturing Jin Woo about injuring the man that would lead the Japanese hunters into the raid.

I went up to Jin Woo and left with him, ignoring Goto's request to stay back. I released magical energy aimed at him with deadly accuracy, it was unorganised and had no form, so it did nothing, but it would tell him to back off.

"You didn't have to do that, you know?" Jin Woo scolded me as we left the gymnasium.

"eh, I believed what you said about me being stronger than him." I replied nonchalantly, we walked aimlessly in the streets of Korea, a few Koreans looked at us, I could guess what they were thinking, when two semi famous people interact, their first thought is that "oh they must be a couple."

Are they forgetting I'm a minor? It's on my S Rank page, I'm 16 years old, do they know that? Jin Woo is 23 years old, it'd be weird to be together with him.

"Back to business, how did you unlock the powers of the system?" Jin Woo asked, I told him the story of me at the carthenon temple, a double dungeon with a frighteningly strong boss monster.

"Strange, that happened to me as well, a dungeon that closed and appeared in another country in the world, is that even possible?" He questioned.

"I dunno, probably not, god it was satisfying to get Goto off my back, he's always hard on me so it felt nice being stronger than him."

Jin Woo stopped at a small cafe, the waitress seemed stunned to see two S Rank hunters walk into this small establishment, we simply ordered two coffees and some cookies.

"You know what a 'Cursed Random Box' is right?" He asked me, I nodded, I scrolled through the store once and found those being sold for a huge amount, it was a box that gives something you need, there was another that gives something you want, being sold for cheaper but still high cost.

"I opened it, and I was given a key back to the carthenon temple." He said, pulling out a small red key. There was a timer that said it was going to be usable in two weeks.

"I'm never going back there." I told him flatly, the coffee and cookies arrived at the table, but the mood was so tense that raw magical energy was making the table shake, the waitress looked scared and hid behind the counter.

"I'm not saying you have to go back, I'm making a request." He picked up his coffee and took a sip, "If I die in there, please help Korea in my place."

"But I would be turning my back on my country, I don't want to be hated by my people like Hwang Dong-su."

He twitched at the sound of that name, he seemed to hate that guy as well.

"Don't you have some skill that can bring you between two countries in a blink of an eye?" He asked me, I shook my head, the distance between the countries was about 943 kilometers though, I probably can make the distance if I were to dominate a B Rank or Higher creature that had the ability of flight in about half an hour, I told him, I explained to him the ability I had, Dominate.

He seemed unimpressed, his skill was summoning the dead, he had around a thousand saved, he told me, he had things from a wyvern, high ogres, and even a knight.

We discussed our skills we had until the night I headed over to my hotel room, preparing for the Jeju Island raid. I knew that Jin Woo was not taking part in the raid, as he had personal reasons to attend to.

I had to take this opportunity to level up, to try and surpass Jin Woo.