Chapter 20

the battle deciding the fate of humanity was about to begin, but first, I have to kill this piece of shit in front of me. Sovereign of Beastly Fangs my ass, more like Sovereign of Beastly IQ, he had brawn and no brains, to kill this pathetic higher existence is more of a chore to me than to protect the world.

"You, me, rematch." I glared at the Sovereign in the corner, he turned into a large, white humanoid wolf and engaged me.

{You have activated skill: Mental Control]
[You have activated skill: Blade of True Tranquility]
[You have activated skill: Absolute Focus]

I hit his spiritual body over and over with attacks, he took no physical damage at all, but he was going to suffer more than that. A fate worse than death, his spiritual body was being torn apart, his very being was being shredded open. He would be appear to die, but he would suffer far more than that. Even after death, his spiritual body would continue being attacked and attacked, suffering for eons to come.

I left the cave with not even a scratch on my body, he was weak, too weak, Jin Woo should be done with clearing out the other Sovereign in Korea already. I teleported back to see him standing over a dead Ice Elf, another Sovereign has been killed.

One victory for Earth, and zero victories for the Sovereigns.

"Mizuki. It's not over yet." Jin Woo warned, inside, I knew it was true, four Sovereigns may already have been killed, but there were three others out there, one among them may be equal to Jin Woo.

"The strongest Sovereign is coming. Antares, the Sovereign of Destruction."

Ah, where will he appear though, I've heard that magical energy is gathering in the skies, like the one here, but where in the other eight countries will Antares appear out of?

I looked at the ground further, why was there a scythe here? It's not mine, I searched for the magical signature that I suspected who it belonged to, and sure enough, I found it.

"Where do you think you're going, Tanaka Shiranui?" I shouted in the alleyway, the figure of a tall man turned and I saw the face I dreamed of meeting again.

"I spent seven years, seven years, to meet you, and all you do is protect me once and leave, dad?"

"Tanaka Mizuki...sorry I wasn't a good father, the Rulers wanted me to protect you from the shadows, thank you for coming to meet me once more before I disappear." Dad said with tears in his eyes, I knew he was going to disappear from my life, I have to hold in my anger for the sake of Korea, if I were to truly get angry, the skyscrapers would collapse and fall.

"At least once, hug me once." I cried as I melted into the embrace of the fading man, slowly, he disappeared into the air and I was left with a pile of dust on the ground.

A huge surge of mana exploded near me, my head started hurting from the sheer force that the Shadow Sovereign sent, I didn't need to know what happened, I already know that his father was on the run and that he probably was another vessel of the Rulers that disappeared.

A single message was released from Sung Jin Woo.

"Hear me, remaining Sovereigns! You will pay for the acts you have done towards me, I will hunt you to the ends of hell if you were to flee!"
_________________________________________
My next days were filled with nothing but bonding with my remaining family, I'm just happy that I can make some happy memories before Antares arrives.

I was in the middle of having my mother's cooking for lunch when I received a call from Association President Woo Jin Chul.

"Sorry to disturb you, Mizuki, but a gate has appeared in the skies at the same place the other gate appeared in, it's beyond S Rank, we're calling people from other countries to protect it, it is going to break in three days, please prepare for it."

Another Sovereign attack? It can't be Antares, it would take him longer to arrive on Earth. Kyoko and Mom stared at me, I knew what they were thinking.

"It's happening later, let's just be happy in the moment."

The next two days were filled with happiness and laughs, of course, I knew what was going to happen, both the end of the world and a beyond S Rank gate are coming. I left home to see an impressive sight, hunters from all over the world gathered, from S Rank to B Rank, they prepared for a calamity.

"Hey, Jin Woo, am I the only one with a feeling that this is a misunderstanding?" I asked my senior, he nodded. Though he knew there was something wrong, I've never seen him so tense ever, Jin Chul stood beside both of us, mentally preparing himself for the battle to come.

The gate crackled with energy, it was going to open.

What was this weird feeling?

What is going on?

The gate opened.

[Activating skill: Mental Control]

I stopped the movements of every hunter in the area except for Jin Chul and Jin Woo, I sent a message straight into their minds: "Stop, I think this army is for us"

Countless monsters came out of the gate, nagas, ogres, even dragons burst out in spectacular fashion, but there was something wrong, they were shadow soldiers, like those in Jin Woo's army, I could sense a hundred thousand spiritual bodies, his army was huge, I've never seen anything like this.

A winged knight knelt in front of Jin Woo, the rest of the shadow army that appeared out of the gate did too, I had the sudden urge to kneel as well, but I resisted.

"Grand Marshal Bellion and the Shadow Army, reporting for duty."

I thought I finally caught up to Jin Woo in strength, but he was still superior to me in every way, he was a single man army, while my skills are only good in one on one battle. This is not even strong, this was plain ridiculous.