Chapter 7

The raid was in an hour, I could feel the raw determination of the S Rank hunters of both countries, there was an A Rank hunter that was to stream the raid to the world. We revised the plan

The Japanese hunters, except for Mizuki, would bait the ants around the island to leave the anthill to kill, with a jamming signal to disrupt them from going back when the Queen was to request aid.

The Korean hunters, with Mizuki, will engage the ant queen in a battle, it will be a hard battle, Goto requested Mizuki to go with them, as apparently, Mizuki was insurance for the Koreans.

The helicopter approached Jeju Island, both the Japanese and Korean hunters geared up for what was going to be the hardest raid of their lives.

"Why did Jin Woo not come with us? If he held his own against Goto Ryuji, he should come as insurance, not this Japanese kid." I heard the Korean reporter say, probably concerned for his safety, can't blame him for being concerned for his life.

"I'm stronger than Goto Ryuji as well, you know? Jin Woo may be thousands of times stronger than I, but I should be strong enough to protect you."

I saw many battleships filled with C to B Rank hunters circle the island, filled with retired hunters, and even awakened that didn't become hunters, filled with a sense of pride in the country they have to protect, in case any of the ants escaped.

The Japanese left first.

"Goto-san, I'm having a bad feeling about this. There is a presence there I'm sensing that felt unsettling." I told Goto, after feeling a cold presence, one that commanded the ants.

"Don't worry, I'll definitely come back alive." He replied, for the first time, he didn't make an order, it was a genuine promise from the heart, I felt like for once, I didn't hate him, though I definitely felt admiration or respect at least once, this was a new feeling, maybe I was starting to not hate him?

He jumped out, the jamming signal activated, that was our call.

"For the pride of our countries." I said with a smile towards the Korean hunters.

"You're more fluent in Korean than I thought, but yeah, I agree." Tae Gyu said with a huge smile on his face.

We jumped off the helicopter, right into the anthill. A few hundred ants swarmed us, but Hunter Choi Jong In was preparing his signature flame prison, I watched attentively, his fire formed a net above the anthill.

"This should stop B Ranks from entering or leaving"

Hunter Ma was going to activate his gigantification but I stopped him.

"They're mine."

I pulled out the scythe, preparing my magical energy to unleash the second job specific skill I obtained.

"Blade of White Flames."

The skill that once was Blade of Shadows activated, my whole scythe turned white, with the end made of flames, it didn't even look like a blade anymore, it looked formless.

I swung the blade, white lighting shot forth, incinerating every single one of the ants.

[Total Mana: 5400/6300]

[Level Up!]

[Level Up!]

None were left after the barrage of white flames. The reporter looked stunned, I looked at the camera and said, "yeah...i'm reawakened, sorry I didn't reveal this." I gripped my scythe, turned and moved on.

I sensed immense magical energy from one of the holes in the wall. Choi Jong In confirmed that the Queen was in there, with his fire ability, he shot balls of fire in every direction, but that was the only hole that no fire went into.

"That's where the queen is."

I confirmed it by saying there was a huge amount of magical energy in there, the rest looked relieved, probably because we don't have to search the whole cave.

Hunter Tae Gyu handled the ants that tried to sneak up on us, it seems like his magic sense was even better than mine.

We passed the hatchery, where all the eggs were at. There was a gigantic egg in the middle of it all, it looked like it recently hatched.

"The hell is that?" Hae In asked, I felt immense magical energy emanate from that egg, perhaps that was the presence that I felt on this island.

"What the fuck spawned here? Was it a royal guard?" Byung Gyu yelled in disbelief.

Hunter Baek put his hand on Byung's shoulder. "We need to go ahead, pay that egg no mind."

We reached the entrance to the Queen's lair, eight of the royal guard ants, each of them is on the level of an S Rank hunter.

Hunter Dong Wook and Hae In killed an ant with flawless coordination. They killed another S Rank ant together.

"Can't look weak in front of the Koreans, can I?" I activated dominate and fully dominated one of the royal guard ants and the crystal containing it appeared in my inventory.

"Miss Hae In, Mister Dong Wook! Take cover!" I shouted, Hae In jumped away from her current position with scary precision to land behind me, Dong Wook wasn't so far away from me, so he went behind me.

"What are you-" Dong Wook was going to say, I cut him off by using Blade of White Flames and cut through the air, the lighting, resembling those of white flames cut through the air, incinerating all the ants in the room.

Dong Wook was stunned. Choi Jong In looked deep in thought, Tae Gyu looked sad, probably because he did nothing, and Hae In looked down at her blade.

"umm...let's continue." I blushed, feeling embarrassed that I showed this off in front of the whole world. My sister and mother were probably watching this.

We went into the next room, the Queen was in the rear, she had a few hundred S Rank guards protecting her.

Byung Gyu said something that I wasn't paying attention to and provided buffs to everyone.

[Your Strength has been increased by 50 points]

The system window appeared in front of me, informing me of what happened. I felt like the strongest hunter in the world.

"How about we each take ten, while Mizuki kills the queen?" Hunter Baek suggested, we all came to a silent agreement. And they charged.

Hunter Baek's signature magical beast transformation activated to its true potential. He turned into a humanoid white tiger with the eyes of a true apex predator.

He ripped apart S Ranked Ants like how a B Rank rips apart E Rank monsters, he ripped apart heads like they were tofu.

Hae In cut through the ants like a dancer going past the stage, elegant moves and deadly precision cutting through the ants easily.

Choi Jong In created a dragon out of his flames, following my previous example and burned the ants into ashes.

Lim Tae Gyu sniped off ants as cover for me, I heard the dying screeches of the ants were deafening, but I simply covered my ears.

Ma Dong Wook, shoved his spear through ants with relative ease, penetrating the S Rank monsters like they were B Ranks.

I appeared behind the Queen, I cut off her head with my full strength, incinerating her insides at the same time.

Though one thing disturbed me.

Her dying cry rang through the room, immediately, I felt a strong magical presence enter the cave. Coming at us at immense speeds.

"Guys...I think...we awoke the sleeping beast."