Chapter 13

I stepped into the gate along with Jin Woo. "So you hear that?" The Korean hunter asked. I nodded, the sound he was referring to was the sound of a faint laughter in the distance. We walked in eerie silence until we found it.

The giant was still laughing, it was a chained up one. Even when chained, I could feel that he was stronger than me, and maybe even Jin Woo.

"HAHAHAHA!!! IT AMUSES ME VERY MUCH! YOU CONTEMPTIBLE RULERS!!! SEE FOR YOURSELVES WHO HAS CAME TO SEE ME!!!"

"Welcome, Sovereigns."

The giant was chained up everywhere, neck, arms, legs and torso.

"Release the chains. I know the plans of the rulers, I must inform the other Sovereigns immediately."

When it looked up, I could feel a change in the air. From pure enthusiasm to suspicion. I looked in confusion while Jin Woo prepared himself to fight.

"You...you aren't the Sovereigns I know."

"Who are these Rulers?" I questioned, I unleashed my full magical aura, I had to establish a true difference in power if I wanted this to go anywhere. But the giant seemed unimpressed at my feat that would make even S Rank hunters shiver in fear.

"You two...you two are sworn enemies, this was never meant to happen. The Shadow Sovereign was supposed to be the only one who returned. Though, I shall still answer your questions." The giant, whose name is "Regia, Sovereign of Beginnings.", answered calmly.

"The Rulers are the ancient enemies of the Sovereigns."

Jin Woo looked calm, not releasing any magical aura, just standing there, letting his presence show who was in charge here, even Regia looked somewhat scared of Jin Woo.

"I shall make you a deal. You two need influence, you have been helping the humans for far too long, if you go to the other Sovereigns as you are now, you both will be killed. If you accept my help, I will personally vouch for you two, with my pride on the line."

Jin Woo and I shared a look of suspicion, Regia definitely caught on to this and started chanting some sort of spell, my scythe appeared in my hand. But Jin Woo stopped me.

[King of Giants, Sovereign of Beginnings, Regia has activated the skill]

[Oath of Truth]

Players Sung Jin Woo and Tanaka Mizuki, as well as the opposing party, Regia, cannot lie to each other.

[Will you accept?]

Jin Woo and I accepted.

"I will assist you, the Rulers are preparing for war on Earth for a final battle with the Sovereigns."

He can't be lying, I was fully convinced, but Jin Woo wasn't, he kept on questioning the chained sovereign.

"The Rulers are injecting magical energy into the Earth. To prepare a world that will not perish within the battle between the Rulers and Sovereigns. You need me to help, both the Sovereigns and Rulers will not stay quiet knowing that all of us have made contact."

"You talk as if the Sovereigns are after us." Jin Woo questioned the giant, he finally unleashed his full magical energy, showing that he truly is in charge. My face paled at the pure power that he unleashed, I nearly fell to the ground but I leaned on my scythe to stay up.

"This power is not your own. Same for the girl there. The fact that both of you have your powers shows that the original users betrayed the Rulers. You are enemies of both the Rulers and Sovereigns."

Jin Woo seemed to have believed him and started cutting the chains, the giant smiled at this. Then, Jin Woo asked something that completely changed his demeanour.

"Are you on the side of humans?"

The giant was silent. I gripped my scythe and readied myself to fight the giant, Jin Woo and I were in silent agreement, Jin Woo stabbed Regia in the chest, he roared and rampaged, the chains that bound him allowed me to jump onto his back and slashed over and over.

"As the fires between the Ruler and the Sovereigns increase, this world will slowly become a fiery warzone...and I pray that everything you hold dear perishes in the flames of war."

Jin Woo cut down on its neck while I dug my scythe down. The giant died, Jin Woo couldn't turn it into a shadow soldier, I couldn't dominate it either.

[You have killed one of the Nine Original Sovereigns, Regia, "Sovereign of Beginnings"]

[Calculating experience will take a longer amount of time, due to the amount of experience gained]

"We couldn't trust him." Jin Woo said, I nodded in agreement as we left together. After we left the gate, countless level up notifications appeared in front of us. Jin Woo ended at level 122, while I am level 117.

If that monster freely roamed the world, not only would Japan be destroyed, it would probably destroy all of Asia before Liu Zhigang stopped it, but could he even? He may be second in the world, but if Jin Woo and I combined had to struggle a little even when chained, could even Thomas Andre himself handle it?

I left for Korea, alongside Sung Jin Woo. We were silent for the whole ride. I opened my phone and found out word of all the giants have already been subjugated.

"Are there two new National Level Hunters?" Things like that were going around social media. Am I really so strong to be called a National Level?

One of the giants did indeed cross the ocean, but it had the unfortunate fortune of going towards China, where it was killed by the Seven Star Hunter, Liu Zhigang.

The S Rank gate in Maryland was dealt with and the hunters were preparing for a government hosted party. Morale was higher than ever in the US.

Also, the list of participating guilds for the International Guild Conference has been released, it was the same as last year, but with one difference that shook the world.

Instead of the Hunters Guild representing Korea, it was the Ahjin Guild, Sung Jin Woo's guild.

"umm...Jin Woo." I nervously stammered, following Jin Woo into his office. I was so nervous I couldn't bring myself to say what I wanted to say.

"What is it?" He asked, I built up my courage, closed my eyes and shouted:

"Please, can I join your guild?"