Chapter 22

The Final Battle, Part 1

I arrived in India and met Siddharth Bachchan, the National Level Hunter originating from India. I shook his hand and greeted him. Multilingualism really helped a lot, not having to bring a translator everywhere I go. Jin Woo should already have arrived in China, Liu Zhigang probably the one to greet him in the country.

The gate was above us, swirling and radiating with magical energy, this was powerful, but it I had a weird feeling it wasn't the one Antares is coming out of, even if, I'm going to fight for this country that I haven't stepped foot in before, if India were to fall, we were going to lose, Thomas Andre was strong enough to push back the armies of chaos, even if only by a little, India and China had none of these.

The scheduled opening of the gate was here, the tense air of the Indian hunters filled the air, they prepared for a battle that would cost them their lives, but they would die for their country.

The gate opened...but it's empty?

I turned in confusion, Bachchan was equally as confused, how is this possible? Where are the Sovereigns coming from?

I called the American Hunter's Bureau in panic and asked about the situation in Canada, I was immediately answered with:

"The gate opened and...the hunters out there are getting slaughtered."

Shit! These damn Sovereigns targeted the gate furthest away from us, Thomas had to hold the line, or the entirety of America would fall.
_________________________________________
"Are you the King?" The man coming out of the gate asked Jay Mills, blinded by delusions of power and wealth, answered yes, and that was the final thought he had.

He was immediately incinerated, Ancient Grade Dragons jumped out of the gate, destroying every hunter in sight, monsters of every kind came out of the supermassive gate.

An agent called Adam White hurriedly called hunter Sung Jin Woo in a hurry, before he was personally killed by Antares, after he sensed a shadow soldier within him.

The state of Canada could be called hell on Earth, red skies, magma bubbling on the ground, heat that would boil regular humans alive, not even a fire resistant S Rank could bear the heat, only ones with the power of the Rulers or other Sovereigns could.

The death count was currently ten million, and climbing, Jin Woo appeared in the office of David Brenner, the director of America's Hunter Bureau. Mizuki, the strongest hunter next to Jin Woo, appeared right next to him, following his mana signature.

Jin Woo asked for a rune stone, what rune stone? I didn't know, it probably was one that could turn the tides of this battle, I'm not confident that I can win this, even united with Jin Woo.

There are many secrets that the Americans have told Jin Woo that I was unaware of, the flames of destruction were spreading, Canada was already doomed, their entire population was probably already cut in half by now.

I searched for the mana signature of Thomas Andre, I found it right at the border of the US, I summoned a gate over to the location to support him.

A man with blonde hair and green eyes was approaching, he was my enemy, I know it, he's definitely one of the Sovereigns.

"Can I trust you to handle this?" I asked the other National Level Hunter, he nodded, I could feel how tense the atmosphere was. Bellion and the others in Thomas's shadow were preparing to jump out at the last second.

"Be my guest, vessel of the Rulers, come, fight me." The opposing Sovereign taunted, Thomas entered into his Goliath form, and the two started walking towards each other slowly.

I changed my attention to the army of chaos behind me.

[Player is activating skill: Mental Control]
[Capacity: 10 000/50 000]

What? One Ancient Grade Dragon takes up ten thousand slots? Well, if that's how it works, there are only five Ancient Grade Dragons inside of this army.

[Capacity: 50 000/50 000]

The dragons punched huge holes in the army of chaos, no matter how strong you are, your mind is still open for me to attack, nobody can protect their spiritual body unless they are a higher being.

Destroying the spiritual body of a huge amount of targets was impossible for me, so I drew my scythe and prepared to break a sweat.
_________________________________________
Antares, the Sovereign of Destruction and Jin Woo, the new Shadow Sovereign looked at each other from over a long distance. The power of the Sovereigns is frightening, being able to see and communicate with each other over such a distance.

Mizuki felt the roars of rage from Antares from right in front of her, she was busy cutting down dragonewts at the moment, but once this army was dead, she will join Jin Woo, to engage in the battle that would decide not the fate of Humanity, but the fate of the Earth itself, if Antares raged freely, no animal is safe from his destruction.

Sky Dragons flew down from the skies, purple light dragging them down, I activated Ruler's Hands to crush their wings, but one of them managed to fire a dragon's breath straight on the ground, presumably at Jin Woo.

But it quickly fell from the skies, after getting a dagger to the head by the Shadow Sovereign.

The Ancient Grade Dragons finally finished off the western force that we were fighting, immediately after they died, they rose up once more as soldiers of the Shadow Sovereign.

"What the hell is that?" I heard my own voice say, it just came out, I said that by instinct, there was a dragon's breath with seemingly limitless power shooting down from the skies, it was Antares, definitely. It finally stopped, and a huge crater was on the ground where it landed.

I let the dragons rampage on the army, I personally flew up to Antares, dragging my body with Ruler's Hands. Jin Woo activated a skill called "Dragon's Fear", I had a bad feeling about this, why?

A roar of pure power boomed from Jin Woo, my head started hurting but I had to keep going, was this the rune stone that he asked for? It was a truly fearsome skill, I felt blood come out from my nose, but I didn't care.

I stood next to my allied Sovereign and stared down the Dragon Emperor together.

"I told you not to come."

"Can't let you have all the glory, can I?"