Heartbreak

Macie and Sam binged watched all of the HSM movies without stopping. Not even for the bathroom. I know that sounded a little harsh but it was worth it. Unfortunately, Macie's pants paid the price. "Macie, you're all wet. You sure you don't wanna change out of it?"

"Yep. Besides it's nice and warm." Sam tried to not look so disgusted. He eyed his monitor watch that read 30 minutes. The time until he had to return home. He was okay.

Macie's phone buzzed. "Finally!" Macie said as she grabbed her phone from the nightstand. "Is it your parents?" Sam asked as Macie's eyes widen. "No...it's an unknown number." Getting curious, Sam looked at the text.

Is this the phone of Macie Sanderson?

Macie gulped as Sam glared at the number. Macie replied answering, 'Yes.' The text was instant.

I have some very bad news. Come to the hospital.

The unknown caller sent her the address to the hospital. Sam looked at Macie. "Hey, it's okay." He said while soothing her back. "At least you can finally change your pants." That comment earned a slap to his arm.

————-

10 minutes later, and Sam and Macie were walking into the hospital. A nurse came up to them as Macie told her her name. "Macie...I'm so sorry. Your parents...have passed away."

Macie's heart broke into thousands of pieces. Macie's tears threaten to fall yet she kept them in her eyes. "What happened?" She managed to ask, Sam holding her tight in his arm. "We got a call of a plane crash in Sante Fe, Mexico. Your parents were on that flight. I'm so sorry." Macie sunk to the floor as her tears began to fall from her face. She cried in her hands, Sam still soothing her back. "Can she see them?"

"Yes, she can." The nurse replied as Sam help Macie to stand up. "Macie?" He asked as she looked at him. "After you come out...I have to tell you something. Just...don't stay too long." Macie looked at his eyes and saw that whatever it was is serious. She nodded and followed the nurse to see her parents one last time.

————-

Another 15 minutes have gone by and Macie came back. She saw Sam tapping his foot to the ground in impatience. "Sammy?" Macie said quietly as Sam got up and sped walked over to her. "So...what is it?"

"I uh...need to start off with this...I don't have parents either."